Scottish economy rebounds in first quarter of 2017 Scottish economy rebounds in first quarter of 2017
Posts 1 to 9 of 9

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Default Scottish economy rebounds in first quarter of 2017

Give us a call when you're ready England.. but I hear productivity is on the go slow so we'll just leave the answering machine on

It'll be interesting to see the impact of the snap election now that Tory power have got some seats in Scotland. And people mocked the SNP for their economic record.

Scotland's economy rebounded in the first quarter of this year, boosted by growth in production and services.

Official figures showed GDP grew by 0.8%, having shrunk by 0.2% in the previous three months.

Scotland outstripped the UK as a whole, which saw growth of just 0.2% in the first three months of the year.

Both the Scottish and UK governments welcomed the figures which saw Scottish production grow by 3.1% and the services industry expand by 0.3%.

However, construction contracted by 0.7%.

On an annual basis, the Scottish economy grew by 0.7%. Equivalent UK growth was 2%.

Scotland's economy

How is it doing?

0.8%
    Growth in first quarter of 2017
    0.3% Services sector up

3.1% Production sector up

0.7% Construction sector down

Scottish government

PA

Some economic forecasters had warned that Scotland could slip into technical recession following contraction in the final quarter of last year.

Reacting to the latest data, Economy Secretary Keith Brown said the figures "reinforce the fact that the fundamentals of Scotland's economy are strong".

He said: "Since late 2014 our growth rate has been impacted significantly by the fortunes of the North Sea with around two-thirds of the slowdown in 2016 attributed to the onshore impact of lower oil prices.

"Today's figures show a rise in output in industries linked to the North Sea for the first time since 2014.

"While there is no room for complacency, these figures - alongside a number of recent business surveys - indicate that there is growing confidence in the sector."
    source: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-40498752
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Banned

Pip in a Poke 's job has never been outsourced

I don't know what you're crowing about - it's not like you had anything to do with it

More fingers than teeth

"Absolutely devastating news for the BBC, Ruth Davidson, Scottish Labour and people who read the Daily Mail. Thoughts are with you all at this extremely difficult time."

“We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

More fingers than teeth

Quote Originally Posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
    I don't know what you're crowing about - it's not like you had anything to do with it
    I provide high quality holiday accommodation at very reasonable prices. Wheels of industry I am.

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

0.8%

0.3% Services sector up - deep fried mars bars on special.

3.1% Production sector up - more wee bairns born to single mothers

0.7% Construction sector down someone nicked the wheelbarrow.

There you go!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    I provide high quality holiday accommodation at very reasonable prices. Wheels of industry I am.
    You must also get through quite a few shoulder chips, so provided they are still produced in Auld Reekie, you are doing your bit.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    0.8%

0.3% Services sector up - deep fried mars bars on special.

3.1% Production sector up - more wee bairns born to single mothers

0.7% Construction sector down someone nicked the wheelbarrow.

There you go!
    You're so ******* thick that if someone poured a kettle of boiling water on you, it would create a new flavour of pot noodle.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by TestMangler View Post
    You're so ******* thick that if someone poured a kettle of boiling water on you, it would create a new flavour of pot noodle.

Aye, accurate enough. Thicko with added croutons.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by Pip in a Poke View Post