• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Fred Bloggs thick?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    What's the difference between a duck?

One of it's legs is both the same.
    One of it is legs is both the same?

You have ruined one of my favourite jokes. I hope you're happy now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
      For the defence -

In all seriousness, actually the duck posting was not intended as a frivolous post. The intention was to say that the learned gentlemen (Ladies too?) at the supreme court might be asked - "this thing we put before you, it waddles and it quacks and it is found on ponds and rivers. The Chinese guys serve it with rice pan cakes and hoi sin sauce."

One surely hopes that the learned gentlemen would conclude that if I was paid in ducks, sprinkled them with pixie dust, sent them to the nice bloke in the IoM who then lent me some duck portions without any liability to tax and no expectation of repayment, then the conclusion would be that I had indeed been paid in ducks and that ducks were indeed taxable. The pixie dust would be set aside as a sham, as indeed would magic beans if they had been used instead.

I rest my case.

Thank you for reading.
      And the judge concluded it was a duck. Therefore not a loan. Therefore subject to PAYE.

Therefore the duck is in the IoM.

So you trolled in professional? tut tut tut.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        And the judge concluded it was a duck. Therefore not a loan. Therefore subject to PAYE.

Therefore the duck is in the IoM.

So you trolled in professional? tut tut tut.....
        Trolled? Not as far as I can see. Merely pointing out that being paid currency, gold bars or ducks makes no difference. If it looks like salary (a duck) then you can be pretty sure it is a salary (a duck). You still have a duty to report un-taxed income to HMRC under self assessment. TBH, I'm quite surprised at your seeming level of concern, but that's OK too.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

The intention was to say that the learned gentlemen (Ladies too?) at the supreme court
          One Lady (Lady Hale).

Judgement can be read here.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Trolled? Not as far as I can see. Merely pointing out that being paid currency, gold bars or ducks makes no difference. If it looks like salary (a duck) then you can be pretty sure it is a salary (a duck). You still have a duty to report un-taxed income to HMRC under self assessment. TBH, I'm quite surprised at your seeming level of concern, but that's OK too.
            The argument has been done many many times before on CUK. In summary, it is the duty of every taxpayer to minimize the tax they pay by legal means. 99% of the country believe income shifting and dividends are tax evasion. First they came for DT, then for loans, then PSCs. Next it will be ALL contractors. When Corbyn gets to power.

I never had a loan. Those "loans" did appear self assessment. However the judge has said its up to the employer.

You interruped a professional discussion with amateur comments.

Care you come to the next CUK meet up and repeat them?

Comment

Hard to disagree with much in the last post. Hector is after you all and is one of the reasons I'm not there any more. I'm afraid I won't be joining you anytime soon at your CUK RLM, ~10,000km is a tad too far just for a meat pie and a diet coke thanks.

Comment

Hard to disagree with much in the last post. Hector is after you all and is one of the reasons I'm not there any more. I'm afraid I won't be joining you anytime soon at your CUK RLM, ~10,000km is a tad too far just for a meat pie and a diet coke thanks.
                What about a meat pie and sausage roll?

Last edited by TheFaQQer; 6 July 2017, 11:35.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  What about a meat pie and sausage roll?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=30_50J94m84
                  Hmmmm...... Let me mull it over a few minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    The argument has been done many many times before on CUK. In summary, it is the duty of every taxpayer to minimize the tax they pay by legal means. 99% of the country believe income shifting and dividends are tax evasion. First they came for DT, then for loans, then PSCs. Next it will be ALL contractors. When Corbyn gets to power.

I never had a loan. Those "loans" did appear self assessment. However the judge has said its up to the employer.

You interruped a professional discussion with amateur comments.

Care you come to the next CUK meet up and repeat them?
                    So Ltd company contractors operating on a low salary / divis basis failed in their duty? Well it serves me right for that time I was out-competed on price by a contractor with a lower cost base (and greater sense of civic duty) due to some Jersey based scheme.

Comment

Working...
                    X