• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poles versus Brits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    The CUK extrapolation. A woman is not pregnant one day and pregnant the next. After 40 weeks she will give birth to 280 babies.

Not only are you totally thick, educated twunt. You are a racist too.

Please carry on.
    The irony is sublime. Are Poles and Brits really a different race?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

On a recent trip to Bath we pulled over to a RHS gardens south of the M25 for some lunch. In the restaurant I asked the waitress if it was always this busy (full of mums and babies chattering like it were an olympic sport, this was a Monday). She said sorry my English is not that good. So I asked the next waitress that came along and she apologised as this was her first day. So then I asked the 3rd waitress and she said... wait for it.... in broken English... I only work in the kitchen I don't do tables.

Seriously people... a trip to the UK these days is like visiting planet Vogon.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Or perhaps just your choice of firms.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          On a recent trip to Bath we pulled over to a RHS gardens south of the M25 for some lunch. In the restaurant I asked the waitress if it was always this busy (full of mums and babies chattering like it were an olympic sport, this was a Monday). She said sorry my English is not that good. So I asked the next waitress that came along and she apologised as this was her first day. So then I asked the 3rd waitress and she said... wait for it.... in broken English... I only work in the kitchen I don't do tables.

Nice anecdote. What's the point?
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            Or perhaps just your choice of firms.
            It's possible. But I don't do cheap and because I've renovated and maintained about 5-6 properties in the last 10-15 years and have some experience, it's noticeable that this is a general trend.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Nice anecdote. What's the point?
              I missed the quality of services on the continent after being only an hour in the UK since leaving the chunnel.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I missed the quality of services on the continent after being only an hour in the UK since leaving the chunnel.
                Why do you come to the UK if you hate it so much?

Comment

You do pick your destinations.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...ECK_RATES_CONT

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                    Why do you come to the UK if you hate it so much?
                    I don't see where he said he hated the UK? Perhaps we criticize what we love most.
                    On the other hand it is scooter and he's thick as mince.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I don't see where he said he hated the UK? Perhaps we criticize what we love most.
                      On the other hand it is scooter and he's thick as mince.
                      It was more of a collective response to an endless barrage of negative comments about the UK.

Comment

Working...
                      X