• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poles versus Brits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poles versus Brits

So doing some major garden remodelling work.
    2 reputable firms contracted- 1 Polish, 1 British, the former is building me a new patio, the latter is to cut down some trees, remove shrubbery etc.
    Both said they would be here at 8 a.m.
    It's now 9.42, the Poles have been hard at it for one and half hours, basically already dismantled old patio and put in skip.
    The Brits are nowhere to be seen and not answering the phone.

SO I've sacked them off, looking for a Polish outfit to do the trees too.

Sadly this is has been all too typical in the last 10 years.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Be sure to get a proper invoice.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Be sure to get a proper invoice.
      I don't do cash in hand.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        2 reputable firms contracted- 1 Polish, 1 British, the former is building me a new patio, the latter is to cut down some trees, remove shrubbery etc.
        It's now 9.42, the Poles have been hard at it for one and half hours, basically already dismantled old patio and put in skip.

Name and shame the British firm.

There are a lot of great British firms employing honest hard working people - so ensure you highlight the lazy feckers

Comment

The British guy obviously found a customer willing to pay a more than a skinflint like you!
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Name and shame the British firm.

There are a lot of great British firms employing honest hard working people - so ensure you highlight the lazy feckers
            I would but probably get CUK and myself sued, what with the US litigative culture going on at the moment.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

The CUK extrapolation. A woman is not pregnant one day and pregnant the next. After 40 weeks she will give birth to 280 babies.

Not only are you totally thick, educated twunt. You are a racist too.

Please carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                The British guy obviously found a customer willing to pay a more than a skinflint like you!
                Yeah laugh it off, sadly it's all too typical.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

When living in the UK, this gent used to do any minor building, decorating etc.

Dominik House & Garden Services - 2 Southlea Close, Leamington Spa

I'm sure he won't mind a bit of free advertising. Excellent quality, good value (although his prices have crept up as he's in demand). Like many immigrants, he started out working hard for someone else, set up on his own and is bringing up his kid well to step up into professional status when he's older if that what he wants. Hope his type stay in the UK.

Comment

Are they sorting out your wife? I bet they have a willy longer than half an inch.

Has your child exhibited any tendency towards tree cutting?

Comment

Working...
                    X