• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump to say Western civilisation is at stake in Warsaw speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    You mean like India when the Brits claimed it as their own?

Ask the Iraqis. They din't even get a chance to answer the door.
    You'll need to ask all those ex-New Labour voters on here about the latter. The former is academic.

Comment

You mean like India when the Brits claimed it as their own?

Ask the Iraqis. They din't even get a chance to answer the door.
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_India - is very interesting in terms of what did happen in India.

But then that was 300 ish years ago.

but again you did not answer the question nearly tried to point out that because someone, somewhere in some other time did it then it must be wrong - or right depending on the point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        When did it become wrong to be proud of the nation you were born in and what it stands for?
        1939, or perhaps any other time when nationalism led to a catastrophe.

And what exactly does Britain stand for anyway?
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          Can hardly be bothered if it were not so laughable. The UK is built on immigration. It is a nation of immigrants. The idea of defending our inherent culture be stemming immigration that was originally brought to us through immigration is the antithesis of intelligence.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            1939, or perhaps any other time when nationalism led to a catastrophe.

Perhaps we can ask the 600K people that turn up every year. That said, I do wonder if they are disappointed in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
              Perhaps we can ask the 600K people that turn up every year. That said, I do wonder if they are disappointed in the end?
              I certainly woz a few weeks back.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Can hardly be bothered if it were not so laughable. The UK is built on immigration. It is a nation of immigrants. The idea of defending our inherent culture be stemming immigration that was originally brought to us through immigration is the antithesis of intelligence.
                If only you were brought up in the cosy south east of England then you'd have avoided this self-loathing.

Comment

Just look at his face:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The usual suspect spouting that daft "Britain is a nation of immigrants" crap again! Every major wave of migration to the UK has brought tensions and problems we never needed to have. Look what's kicked off most of the major riots in the last 35 years, where most serious terrorism in England and Wales has come from since 2003.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                      I think he's a point:

"Holding up Poland as an example of a country ready to defend civilisation, he will warn against the threats of "terrorism and extremism".

Poland's conservative government shares Mr Trump's hostile view of immigration and strong sense of sovereignty."

Trump to say Western civilisation is at stake in Warsaw speech - BBC News
                      Yep, Polish people: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...refugee-policy

Actually he's English now
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X