Trump to say Western civilisation is at stake in Warsaw speech Trump to say Western civilisation is at stake in Warsaw speech - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 21 to 24 of 24

More fingers than teeth

BlasterBates - scorchio!

So who is Trump referring to, because Poland has net emigration, does he mean that other countries need to defend themselves from Polish mass emigration? Wasn't that what Brexit was all about, defending civilisation against mass influx of Poles.

I'm alright Jack

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Apparently he was talking about 1939.....

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    If only you were brought up in the cosy south east of England then you'd have avoided this self-loathing.
    Thankfully I've been spared the horror. The accent is hum dinging.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Double Godlike!

stek - scorchio!

Years ago people aligned to a Monarch. That later changed (The Peace of Westphalia) and folks started to align themselves to a land, State or country and the concept of nationhood and citizenship grew out of that.

Change begats change, the world has moved away from that, even the poorest people can see what the rest of the world is like and get there fairly easily. Distance, culture and most of all so-called control of borders aint gonna stop anyone.

People relocate and move all over the world, work permits abound, black labour abounds so what is the lesson here? What does it teach us?

To me it shows Monarchistic demarkation changed to geographic and now it's changing to economic. And there's eff all you can do about it unless you want to live in North Korea 2.0.

Face it, no one has a real right to claim top trumps for a piece of soil as their birthright just because they were born on it. It's ludicrous.