• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speeding Awareness Course

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Unfortunately, they ask questions and they can choose to fail you if you don't pay attention.
    I've heard they are quite interesting affairs. A true mix of all walks of life.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
      That is probably true in Belfast.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        Can you bung them a ton and nip off down the boozer?
        You seem to be doing your best to get me arrested.

Comment

Perhaps, but I'm an introverted programmer without any interesting hobbies. People tend to talk to me a few seconds before realising I'm pretty vacant.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            That is probably true in Belfast.
            Maybe, I haven't done one, but you'll meet every sort in The Crown Bar.

Comment

Perhaps, but I'm an introverted programmer without any interesting hobbies. People tend to talk to me a few seconds before realising I'm pretty vacant.
              Conversation rule one - don't mention you work in IT.

Comment

had to attend one for doing 33 in a 30 zone

semi interesting to be honest - not the worst way to spend 4 hours of your life - although I was in with a bunch of scousers which had both positives and negatives.

but no do not have to declare to insurance as not a conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  had to attend one for doing 33 in a 30 zone

semi interesting to be honest - not the worst way to spend 4 hours of your life - although I was in with a bunch of scousers which had both positives and negatives.

but no do not have to declare to insurance as not a conviction.
                  Don't they show you lots of rather graphic material relating to speeding accidents?

Comment

You seem to be doing your best to get me arrested.
                    If you're going to be like that, then just sit down like a good boy and take your medicine.

Make sure you go tooled up, as you meet all sorts at these courses.

Comment

Don't they show you lots of rather graphic material relating to speeding accidents?
                      The one I did was kind of interesting in parts. The reconstruction of the carnage motorway crash at the end was pretty harrowing too. There wasn't any gore or anything, but some of the stuff made me think....
                      And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Working...
                      X