• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speeding Awareness Course

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
    Not really.
    well in that case..I hope to bump into you when im next out driving.

Comment

Take the course. Who knows when you will be caught again? The points can stack up.

Just spend your time pointing out that speeding makes you a better driver as you concentrate more. And being a motorway the speed limit should be 100. Going at 30mph in a 30mph zone causes way more deaths than 100mph on a motorway(at 20mph most survive, 30 its 50/50 and at 40 most die).

And that far too many resources are spent on catching speeders. In LLandudno, only about 50% of drivers stop at pedestrian crossings! North Wales Stasi only care about speeding....

Comment

The course is about learning to become a safer driver. It's primarily focused on the smaller town road rather than motorways.

Yes it's mostly boll&cks.

But it'll stop you accumulating points and that's really what matters, especially if you get caught doing 90mph+ next time.

As for the insurer. The man from Del Monte, he say Non.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Take the course. Who knows when you will be caught again? The points can stack up.

Just spend your time pointing out that speeding makes you a better driver as you concentrate more. And being a motorway the speed limit should be 100. Going at 30mph in a 30mph zone causes way more deaths than 100mph on a motorway(at 20mph most survive, 30 its 50/50 and at 40 most die).

And that far too many resources are spent on catching speeders. In LLandudno, only about 50% of drivers stop at pedestrian crossings! North Wales Stasi only care about speeding....
          I've booked the course but I've been on one a few years back and was tedious as hell.

I was doing over the speed limit by a fair bit but as you said was perfectly safe, hardly any cars, good weather and not driving erratically.

Comment

Do the course, you don't want 3 points on your licence, and in any case it would be a good idea, nothing worse than missing a speed limit sign on a country road to find you're over the limit and end up with a ban.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Too quick - I'm not proud of it but I give my misses a migraine when I drive.
              Is that what she tells you when it's cuddle time?

https://youtu.be/S3NSMx7Ev5A
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I've booked the course but I've been on one a few years back and was tedious as hell.

I was doing over the speed limit by a fair bit but as you said was perfectly safe, hardly any cars, good weather and not driving erratically.
                Can you sit at the back and play GTA on your phone?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Can you sit at the back and play GTA on your phone?
                  Unfortunately, they ask questions and they can choose to fail you if you don't pay attention.

Comment

Unfortunately, they ask questions and they can choose to fail you if you don't pay attention.
                    Can you bung them a ton and nip off down the boozer?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Agree with this be very careful in built up areas, drive so that if something happens it's just "embarassing" rather than a tragedy.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X