• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speeding Awareness Course

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Who's that?
    I don't know

He was on the Phone apparently
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Apparently Admiral say you have to declare speed awareness courses, according to a mate.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Apparently Admiral say you have to declare speed awareness courses, according to a mate.
        So do others Tesco did. Had to tell them all abut Mrs V's course. No real effect on premium but if you don't tell them they can invalidate your insurance. There is always a 'anything you should tell us?' line in the policy.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Driving down to London I was caught by a speed camera van parked on a bridge. Managed to slam my brakes and get my speed down to 81 - though my speedometer said 86.

Anyway, I've now signed up for a speed awareness course that takes 4 hours and costs £80.

I seem to remember when I signed up for my insurance that they ask if you have been on a speed awareness course. So, does it actually make any difference to my insurance if I pay £100 and take 3 points or pay £80 and waste 4 hours of my life? Will they up my premium regardless?
          I took the course and never declared mine to insurer.

The AA ran speed course I did was great and much better than the one I did 5 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            So do others Tesco did. Had to tell them all abut Mrs V's course. No real effect on premium but if you don't tell them they can invalidate your insurance. ...
            That might be illegal of them. After all if a speed awareness course is solely "advisory" so to speak and not a penalty, in principle it's no different to if you had bought and watched a speed awareness safety DVD on your own initiative.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              That might be illegal of them. After all if a speed awareness course is solely "advisory" so to speak and not a penalty, in principle it's no different to if you had bought and watched a speed awareness safety DVD on your own initiative.
              Why should that make it illegal?

Comment

If the Police don't tell them then how would they find out (if you didn't tell)?
                Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  Why should that make it illegal?
                  Sloppy terminology. I meant arguably the insurance company would be in breach of contract if they claimed your insurance was void for the sole reason you had not informed them you had attended a speed awareness course. So including a catch all "tell us everything" clause would be unenforceable in that respect.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
                    If the Police don't tell them then how would they find out (if you didn't tell)?
                    The police don't.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X