• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speeding Awareness Course

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speeding Awareness Course

Driving down to London I was caught by a speed camera van parked on a bridge. Managed to slam my brakes and get my speed down to 81 - though my speedometer said 86.

Anyway, I've now signed up for a speed awareness course that takes 4 hours and costs £80.

I seem to remember when I signed up for my insurance that they ask if you have been on a speed awareness course. So, does it actually make any difference to my insurance if I pay £100 and take 3 points or pay £80 and waste 4 hours of my life? Will they up my premium regardless?

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    Driving down to London I was caught by a speed camera van parked on a bridge. Managed to slam my brakes and get my speed down to 81 - though my speedometer said 86.

Anyway, I've now signed up for a speed awareness course that takes 4 hours and costs £80.

I seem to remember when I signed up for my insurance that they ask if you have been on a speed awareness course. So, does it actually make any difference to my insurance if I pay £100 and take 3 points or pay £80 and waste 4 hours of my life? Will they up my premium regardless?
    It wasn't Westminster or London Bridge, was it?

Comment

Do the course and next time you're up for a renewal, go with a provider that doesn't ask that question.

Anyhow, in the current climate you may need a clean licence for when you have to resort to becoming white van man when all the contracts dry up.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
        It wasn't Westminster or London Bridge, was it?
        mmm bit too soon for those jokes?

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post
          Do the course and next time you're up for a renewal, go with a provider that doesn't ask that question.

Anyhow, in the current climate you may need a clean licence for when you have to resort to becoming white van man when all the contracts dry up.
          Perfectly acceptable answer for General, thank you.

Comment

How bloody quick were you going?
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I did one a year or so ago. I didn't tell my insurer; they just asked for convictions IIRC.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                How bloody quick were you going?
                Too quick - I'm not proud of it but I give my misses a migraine when I drive.

Comment

mmm bit too soon for those jokes?
                  Not really.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                    I did one a year or so ago. I didn't tell my insurer; they just asked for convictions IIRC.
                    I'm wondering if it was the price comparison site that asked or the insurance provider - not to be over 40 and have a memory!

Comment

Working...
                    X