• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA vs easyjet - 2.5 hr flight (to Rome)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the private jet option?
    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

The word you're looking for is 'charter'. 'private jet', new money eh Sixtus, what's it like?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        Just booking a last minute hol for next month and considering options. Mrs doesn't want to fly easyjet and reviews of BA are saying that they should just call themselves a budget airline already...

Other option is Iberia who have terrible reviews...

I'm slanting toward BA as I have better personal experience with them than easyjet and it's only about £60 more (for both of us both ways)...

What would You do?

*edit* - as it's only 2.5 hours not too fussed about in flight entertainment or food
        Probably, it's a race to the bottom.

I went BA business class to Naples last year & it was actually quite reasonable - about £400 return. In July too. Well worth the extra money - it's a holiday after all.

But yes, Iberia & Alitalia are pretty awful so if you don't want to splash out I'd go EZ.

Comment

It's looking like BA - IT systems permitting. We'll eat in duty free and take our own snacks for the flight. I'll have my headphones and laptop to binge-watch something (haven't decided what yet - maybe another poll for what to watch? Although GOT will be out by then so it might be a done deal...).
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

This race to the bottom is creating a market for a posh(ish) airline that crosses Europe in style. I reckon people will pay.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Speedy boarding is a waste of time if there's a bus connecting you to the aircraft from the gate. The first and only time I purchased speedy boarding and still first on the bus and was last off the bus. What a swizz.

Just go with the cheapest and use the £60 for a nice meal.
              They always used to put the speedy boarders on a separate bus.

I still use it as it's the only way to get an extra legroom seat & join the priority baggage drop. Doesn't really matter if you're not first onto the plane now they have allocated seats.

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                It's looking like BA - IT systems permitting. We'll eat in duty free and take our own snacks for the flight. I'll have my headphones and laptop to binge-watch something (haven't decided what yet - maybe another poll for what to watch? Although GOT will be out by then so it might be a done deal...).
                If you want a Euro boxed set to get in the mood, I highly recommend Salamander.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

*edit* - as it's only 2.5 hours not too fussed about in flight entertainment or food
                  Food is not free anymore at shorthaul flights with BA

Comment

Anyone that isn't BA bar Ryanair.

And believe me I currently do a lot of EU short haul travel.... Also business class isn't worth it
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      This race to the bottom is creating a market for a posh(ish) airline that crosses Europe in style. I reckon people will pay.
                      Isn't there a company who is trying to launch "cheap private jet" travelling, sort of like Uber... I remember reading and their projected fares were not that crazy.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X