• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BA vs easyjet - 2.5 hr flight (to Rome)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BA short haul in Europe uses the same planes and roughly same leg room as all low costs WizzAir/EasyJet etc. First class is a scam where they have a table put on the middle seat to separate you from the other passenger, and a curtain that separate you from the cattle class + "exclusive" use of the front lavatory. You might as well by 3 tickets in another low cost to the same effect and 1/2 of the price.

Check the flight time for the Iberia flight, chances are it's the same as BA and it's shared flight (or whatever it's called).

slEasyJet is not that bad and the planes equipped with the Recaro seats have decent legroom. As others already pointed Speedy boarding is often useless.

Overall go for the cheaper option ,as there won't be much of a difference in the quality of service

Comment

Booking an internal flight recently, we had to pay to get seats together... at least according to the website they randomly assign seats otherwise. Whether they genuinely do that to ensure you wont be together unless you pay, or they'd tend to put you together, I don't know - for a 1hr flight we figured we could probably cope being apart.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
        BA short haul in Europe uses the same planes and roughly same leg room as all low costs WizzAir/EasyJet etc. First class is a scam where they have a table put on the middle seat to separate you from the other passenger, and a curtain that separate you from the cattle class + "exclusive" use of the front lavatory. You might as well by 3 tickets in another low cost to the same effect and 1/2 of the price.
        They called it Business Class last time I used it!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          The choice is obvious - First Class on BA, you might get a chance to meet MF in the Concorde room where he works overtime as a janitor to make up for his bookie losses.
          That's an MF level mistake you made there - BA only do First on their long haul flights.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            That's an MF level mistake you made there - BA only do First on their long haul flights.
            Great MF buys redundant First Class ticket to get access to the Concorde Room even when he flies short haul

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
              Food is not free anymore at shorthaul flights with BA
              ...in the back.

It's still free up front.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Booking an internal flight recently, we had to pay to get seats together... at least according to the website they randomly assign seats otherwise. Whether they genuinely do that to ensure you wont be together unless you pay, or they'd tend to put you together, I don't know - for a 1hr flight we figured we could probably cope being apart.
                I doubt they (you didn't specify an airline) are "punishing" non-payers, besides for party of 2 you can easily get fellow travelers to swap and/or ask the cabin crew to help you in that regard.

Comment

...in the back.

It's still free pre-paid up front.
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Great MF buys redundant First Class ticket to get access to the Concorde Room even when he flies short haul

HTH
                    He has to fly Antonov An-225 Mriya freight-class since the bariatric surgery failed.

Comment

Are you taking bags or not? If not, BA do a basic fare now which has no baggage.
                      BA don't have speedy boarding (unless you have bronze/silver/gold executive club)
                      What other extras were you thinking of?
                      Are you hiring a car when out there?

Oh, and the Iberian is probably a BA codeshare.
                      Iberian will definitely be a codeshare. I'm guessing Alitalia will be the only other direct scheduled option, and I properly filled my trousers last time I flew with them (aborted take-off after a loud bang from the engine). BA will be a slightly more pleasant experience than Easyjet, but as others have pointed out, BA is effectively a budget airline in all but name. There's really not much in it, I'd go with the departure time that suits you best.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X