• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed Camera Awareness Course

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speed Camera Awareness Course

At the end everybody gets a free Road Angel...

I recently borrowed my dad's Tom Tom and was surprised it seems to know which of endless 'smart' motorway gantries have real cameras on them. Not as many as one would think, if it's accurate.

Will find out within 6 weeks if it worked.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

14 days is the time limit to put forward allegation of exceeding statutory speed limits...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        At the end everybody gets a free Road Angel...

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
          Sorry short of budget.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

threaded's car when he worked in the Force...

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              I recently borrowed my dad's Tom Tom and was surprised it seems to know which of endless 'smart' motorway gantries have real cameras on them. Not as many as one would think, if it's accurate.

It's fun watching people noticing you brake under certain ones.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

After several trips up the M1 in the last few weeks I'm getting good at spotting them. Of course this does involve looking up instead of where you're going at 90mph.

Will find out in 14 days if it worked.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  After several trips up the M1 in the last few weeks I'm getting good at spotting them. Of course this does involve looking up instead of where you're going at 90mph.

Will find out in 14 days if it worked.
                  How do you tell?

I drive up the M1 too (southern stretch) and tend to look for the grey cameras but a while ago I noticed (on the other side carriageway) that the flash was coming from the hard-shoulder side. So they seem to have just 1 camera covering all 3 lanes now.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                    How do you tell?

I drive up the M1 too (southern stretch) and tend to look for the grey cameras but a while ago I noticed (on the other side carriageway) that the flash was coming from the hard-shoulder side. So they seem to have just 1 camera covering all 3 lanes now.
                    This is further north. The gantries mostly have horizontal C-shaped brackets that are usually empty, but a few contain a black box that presumably is the camera.

But I don't know for sure. You see some cameras by the side of the road as well, and with technology what it is I'm sure they could also catch you. And do they need to flash? Even in daylight? Probably not.

In theory they're not on unless the speed limit is reduced, but you can't know for sure. Very annoying. If these motorways were truly "smart" they'd raise the limit when it's safe to do so.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X