• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Speed Camera Awareness Course

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't forget the lovely average speed cameras - big yellow lamp posts with a swept bend and multiple cameras.

They are hard work.

Don't speed.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      don't forget the lovely average speed cameras - big yellow lamp posts with a swept bend and multiple cameras.

They are hard work.

Don't speed.
      One dual carriageway near me after a couple of decades of everyone slowing down for the speed camera and the police randomly catching those who didn't know where they normally sat, they put in average speed cameras.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

They are hard work.

Don't speed.
        There's a long long stretch for roadworks on the M1 around Donington. Usually I turn on the cruise control and put my feet up. Safe.

You still see people slowing down for the cameras, obviously not understanding the concept of "average". I'm always tempted to blast through at 100mph and then stop just before the camera; a bit difficult to work out though. Could do with some kind of app.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post

You still see people slowing down for the cameras, obviously not understanding the concept of "average". I'm always tempted to blast through at 100mph and then stop just before the camera; a bit difficult to work out though. Could do with some kind of app.
          I was told that they were only triggered if you clearly went over 70mph the whole way through. Needless to say I haven't tried it.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
            After several trips up the M1 in the last few weeks I'm getting good at spotting them. Of course this does involve looking up instead of where you're going at 90mph.

Will find out in 14 days if it worked.
            The M25 now has the camera's on the left side of the road and they are average speed.

Comment

Speed Camera Awareness Course

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
              The M25 now has the camera's on the left side of the road and they are average speed.
              No they aren't.
              They are HADECS3, just speed cameras, but very capable ones.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                At the end everybody gets a free Road Angel...
                Don't you have to go on a speed awareness course because you crashed your car due to bad driving?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Don't you have to go on a speed awareness course because you crashed your car due to bad driving?
                  You told made you disconnected his brakes.

Comment

I've heard that the yellow cameras over the hard shoulder are active even when active speed management isn't in place. Even if the signs are off, the cameras are on, controlling at 70.

I'm 80% sure that's bulltulip at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Scratch It View Post
                      I've heard that the yellow cameras over the hard shoulder are active even when active speed management isn't in place. Even if the signs are off, the cameras are on, controlling at 70.

I'm 80% sure that's bulltulip at this point.
                      So am I. Been through many times over the last 2 months at 100+. Nothing. Yet.....

Comment

Working...
                      X