• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That was a close one!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was a close one!

Brexit saves UK from catastrophically lucrative EU free-trade deal with Japan

EU and Japan reach free trade deal - BBC News
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

hmm so a free trade bloc that prevents its members signing trade deals with other countries so it has more bargaining power and has been around for 70 years is celebrating finally creating a free trade deal with the world's third largest economy ?

We should of stayed we might sign a deal with the USA by 2150!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      hmm so a free trade bloc that prevents its members signing trade deals with other countries so it has more bargaining power and has been around for 70 years is celebrating finally creating a free trade deal with the world's third largest economy ?

We should of stayed we might sign a deal with the USA by 2150!
      You are funny.

Comment

Yup it will open up the Japanese market to sell right handed drive vehicles when the UK shoves up tariffs on EU goods.

As a UK trade negotiator I would be afraid, very afraid.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          Yup it will open up the Japanese market to sell right handed drive vehicles when the UK shoves up tariffs on EU goods.

As a UK trade negotiator I would be afraid, very afraid.

The UK holds all the cards!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
            You are funny.
            It was either that or a comment about how bad Japan's economy is, that it's better for the UK not to have an agreement with them.

Remember, every fact will be rebuked with the teachings of Dacre and Murdoch, whose followers accept everything they say to the extreme.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              You are totaly correct.
              FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                It was either that or a comment about how bad Japan's economy is, that it's better for the UK not to have an agreement with them.

Remember, every fact will be rebuked with the teachings of Dacre and Murdoch, whose followers accept everything they say to the extreme.
                It's all part of the post-truth order. As long as you believe something enough, any contrary argument just goes to show the depth of the conspiracy of the Saboteurs and Enemies of the People.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

it was a statement of fact.

I am glad the EU have a treaty with Japan, I am not sure why it took 70 years. I suppose the EU were painting their imaginary toy soldiers?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    it was a statement of fact.

I am glad the EU have a treaty with Japan, I am not sure why it took 70 years. I suppose the EU were painting their imaginary toy soldiers?
                    Was the EU in the business of this kind of trade agreement in 1947? In any case, I doubt Japan would have been much of a catch then.

Comment

Working...
                    X