• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Charlie Gard

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Only to the extent the suffering that child has been forced to suffer (by his parents) has finished..
    A tad judgemental

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      A tad judgemental
      So a child who died within minutes of life support being turned off was never in pain? My advice would be to go and read the full story before commenting..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

So a child who died within minutes of life support being turned off was never in pain? My advice would be to go and read the full story before commenting..
        Desperate parents were persuaded that their child could be helped. Those parents understandably latched on to that hope and did what they believed was best for their baby. To suggest, within a few hours of his death, that they 'forced him to suffer' would appear to show a lack of both sympathy and empathy.

Remember it was the hospital who applied for the latest hearing "in light of claims of new evidence".

There are no winners in this tragic story. However, if anyone is 'responsible' for the prolonged suffering of the child, it is the purveyors of snake-oil that, without having examined him or even looked at the scans, wanted to use him as a human experiment.

Comment

Do you know much about end of life management for children with life limiting conditions?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            However, if anyone is 'responsible' for the prolonged suffering of the child, it is the purveyors of snake-oil that, without having examined him or even looked at the scans, wanted to use him as a human experiment.
            So people(or countries) that take loans they can never afford to pay are blameless?

Maybe people below a certain IQ should not be allowed a say in matters like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So people(or countries) that take loans they can never afford to pay are blameless?

Maybe people below a certain IQ should not be allowed a say in matters like this.
              Off you go then.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Worth reading this - 10 Cases Like Charie Gard's heard in English Courts This Year
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I stopped when I read that cafcass were representing the children.

An organisation set up to abuse children in private.

Comment

Working...
                  X