Brown's bottom... Brown's bottom...
Posts 1 to 5 of 5

Dirty spekulant

Jog On - scorchio!

Default Brown's bottom...

...is apparently the official nickname given to the event of Gordon Brown selling off most of the UK's gold at 30 year lows (apologies if you already knew this, I only just read it today).

Whether it’s the “gold corner” of 1869, the “gold pool” of 1968, Kissinger’s secret “gold dump” of the late 1970s, or “Brown’s bottom” (when the U.K. sold most of its gold at 30-year low prices) of 1999
    If you happen to find yourself waxing lyrical about gold prices please don't hesitate to drop in "Brown's bottom"
    Because feelings...

Godlike

Paddy is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Jog On View Post
    ...is apparently the official nickname given to the event of Gordon Brown selling off most of the UK's gold at 30 year lows (apologies if you already knew this, I only just read it today).

If you happen to find yourself waxing lyrical about gold prices please don't hesitate to drop in "Brown's bottom"
    On the fact of it, it was a stupid thing to do. But on the other hand it may be a blessing because most likely the gold only existed on paper.

When Germany asked the US for their gold to be repatriated they were not sent their original Bundesbank Gold Bars but instead an assortment from various countries.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

My post count is Majestic

AtW is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    When Germany asked the US for their gold to be repatriated they were not sent their original Bundesbank Gold Bars but instead an assortment from various countries.
    It was difficult politically to return it as is

More fingers than teeth

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    It was difficult politically to return it as is

Super poster

quackhandle is NOT a disguised employee

He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.