• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car nicked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Bad news mate. I hope they catch the little tulips. Note to self for future, before buying expensive car make sure the house doors can't be forced.
    CCTV and old cars.

Most people pay me to take the mighty Mondeo away so I don't bring down the area.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Don't you have any Perimeter security, a good Firewall is ...............

Oops wrong, rewind

I have two sets of gates the ones nearest the road have noisy furniture, we sell eggs at the gate so my dogs are well tuned to visitors approaching.
      As soon as they are opened one of my three dogs is immediately alert.
      We have a long gravel drive people can't approach easily without it crunching.
      As soon as the crunching starts one of my three dogs is immediately alert.
      The 2nd layer of Gates are Farm Gates they make a lot of noise when opened on the gravel
      As soon as they are opened one of my three dogs is even more immediately alert.
      We have lots of outside lights, baddies don't like those.
      As soon as the lights come on one of my three dogs is immediately alert.
      Do you see a trend above?
      And by alert I mean all three of the sods go absolutely berserk.
      It would be difficult to get to them and drug them without a hell of a lot of racket first.
      I am not saying my cars might not be taken I just don't think it would be by the methods you suffered.
      Oh and we also have a Key safe and a Gun safe but I hope it will never come to that.
      So now I am worried, am I being deceived, just how much sugar is really in a spoon full!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        It is already in a container halfway to Africa.
        I would have said same however due to power of social media, it was spotted 7 miles away in Halesowen.

Hopped in an Uber but gone by the time I got there. They'd not changed the plates, so maybe not that professional.

Close.

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Nope this is completely the wrong method.

It sounds like a good plan to hide the keys until someone is standing in your wife bedroom screaming at her to give them the keys while you are not there...

Leave your keys out the way of the door but where they can be found before the bastards decide to start walking around your house looking for them.
          mmm I hide my keys, rethinking that approach. Part of me wants to confront them but yeah your right, it's not worth getting hurt for.

Couple of days ago in a close around the corner a Merc was stolen, same thing broke in to get the keys. The owner didn't even realise for a couple of hours after they got up. think they forced a house window open.

Comment

Maybe I should get a full electric car, can't see that being that desirable to be nicked.

Least you could put APB's on all the local electric charging places (not that many near me).

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Fooking 'ell, they are doing the above mentioned to nick a Golf, FFS!!!

Having to install a tracker into a Golf car, what this world is coming to
              They obviously have too much self respect than to be seen in your slappermobile.

Comment

Sorry to hear it, barstewards!

I avoid such problems by driving a tatty old van that nobody would want.

PS Don't tell my lovely little van I said that, he would be upset.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                  I avoid such problems by driving a tatty old van that nobody would want.
                  And also because it's under constant police surveillance....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
                    And also because it's under constant police surveillance....

you are good.

Comment

Don't hide my keys - if they beat the house alarm they're welcome to pinch the car. It's insured and easily replaced.

Would rather not take a hiding just for a pile of metal.

Comment

Working...
                      X