Vote for us and we'll wipe the debt away... Vote for us and we'll wipe the debt away... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 41

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

The real issue here is why grads won't earn a lot more than 21 grand?

vetran has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Doesn't work with every job.
    then they don't need a graduate.

simple as.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

MarillionFan is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by chopper View Post
    vetran said average wage, not minimum wage.

UK Average Wage is £27,600. UK minimum wage is £7.50 (so about £15,600 a year for someone being paid 40 hours a week).
    Yes but the leader of the great unwashed has mooted a £10 min wage which on a full week is lo and behold roughly that magic 21k.

So everyone should get a min of a tenner an hour and we wipe out all student debt. Even an idiot with a napkin can work out the maths behind that .
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Is anyone going to point out the truth - people would prefer to get into debt and not have to work.

As opposed to getting a job, working hard and not being a burden on the state/bomad.

Fact is we need to go back to having university for the those with the brains - with an emphasis on ensuring that it is available to people from all backgrounds.

Then we have old school polytechnics teaching decent vocational careers - again ensuring that it is available to people from all backgrounds

then apprenticeships

and jobs

but they key is that no money is wasted on people doing things which really do not make britain great again

like a liberal arts degree

Super poster

Hobosapien - scorchio!

Simple solution:

Give student grants to those on courses where there is a proven skills shortage or likely to be in the next 5 years. No debt to worry about, to attract them onto the course, and a pretty good chance of a decent job afterwards.

Charge more for courses that have little or no demand in jobs market and direct those candidates into the fields and manual labour markets to fill the gap when all the economic migrants have gone home due to brexit (and the poor pound to their preferred currency exchange rate). They'll avoid the student debt and have a paying job instead.

To allow such a simple solution to happen, sack all those useless civil servants that the government pays to come up with stupid unworkable overcomplex policies that keep them in a job.

Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    Is anyone going to point out the truth - people would prefer to get into debt and not have to work.
    I disagree with that very strongly. There is no incentive to work. The oldies have taken all the houses. No social mobility.
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

I Am Legend

BrilloPad has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Unscrupulous Birmingham employers who can't even drive?
    Fight HMRC now! Help sue HMRC individual officers/government ministers for malfeasance in office. Visit https://www.loanchargejustice.com/ and scroll to the bottom of the page to donate.

Suffers Fools...Badly!

shaunbhoy is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Because in a great many cases, they have "graduated" in something that has little practical value, and in all probability are now employed in a job that they could have mastered without ever having GONE to Uni.

HTH
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I disagree with that very strongly. There is no incentive to work. The oldies have taken all the houses. No social mobility.
    That is such a defeatist attitude.

It is still possible to get a job at 16, work hard and be successful.

It's hard - like it was for me when I was 16.

There is plenty of social mobility it is just people nowadays have a huge sense of entitlement and lack of spine.

Super poster

bobspud is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by original PM View Post
    That is such a defeatist attitude.

It is still possible to get a job at 16, work hard and be successful.

It's hard - like it was for me when I was 16.

There is plenty of social mobility it is just people nowadays have a huge sense of entitlement and lack of spine.
    ^ This

At the moment society has made the stupid mistake of thinking the only route to wealth is in an office. Quite the opposite is true. My Daughter's mate dropped out of school for not being academic and is now working on the local farms driving agricultural machines. He's earning more than most of the graduates will for some time in their career and he's only sixteen...