• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote for us and we'll wipe the debt away...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote for us and we'll wipe the debt away...

Or at least 'aim' to do it...

Labour 'aim' to wipe £100bn student debt - Angela Rayner - BBC News

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Like all their other policies, based on the magic money tree. Still, it's only 100 times the amount the con's paid the religious nutters to back them so I guess the money could be found. Simple solution for tuition fees, grade A levels sensibly and don't let anyone below a certain grade take a degree. And if it's for an Arts subject fees should be two times the current amount. It's the only way we can "make Britain great again".

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Like all their other policies, based on the magic money tree. Still, it's only 100 times the amount the con's paid the religious nutters to back them so I guess the money could be found. Simple solution for tuition fees, grade A levels sensibly and don't let anyone below a certain grade take a degree. And if it's for an Arts subject fees should be two times the current amount. It's the only way we can "make Britain great again".
      Labour don't have a magic money tree. They seem to have a magic money forest.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Good idea. Print the money. Hyper inflation. Stuff the oldies.

In a democracy people will always vote for an easy life. Democracy always fails in the end.

Comment

This is how Momentum & the Millenials plan to deal with the oldies.

Comment

Most of that debt will never be repaid as many graduates often avoid doing do with the repayment threshold being so high. So wiping the debt away promise is already half filled.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Most of that debt will never be repaid as many graduates often avoid doing do with the repayment threshold being so high. So wiping the debt away promise is already half filled.
              £21k is high?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                £21k is high?
                Yep, if you studied Humanities.

Comment

So wiping the debt away promise is already half filled
                  The "cost estimates" I've seen allow for that but what is not allowed for is that the numbers of students will inevitably rise and the cost of that rise is not just of providing more courses but loss of NI/tax they would have paid and increased difficulty for firms to find suitable employees.

Other Corbyn policies are just expensive unnecessary bribes as well. Three examples that spring to mind:
                  1) The triple lock on pensions - rising with cost of living is enough.
                  2) The fuel allowance - why give that to those who are well off?
                  3) Abolishing "the bedroom tax". Fair enough to exempt some, eg who have medical problems or recently lost a partner, but there is no general justification for the state paying for people to live in unnecessarily large properties.

Wait if this idiot gets in, I think anyone who is not a state-supported non-contributor will regret it after a few years.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 9 July 2017, 19:03.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    3) Abolishing "the bedroom tax". Fair enough to exempt some, eg who have medical problems or recently lost a partner, but there is no general justification for the state paying for people to live in unnecessarily large properties.
                    Starting here:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X