• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which one of you 'remoners' is this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one of you 'remoners' is this?

He needs to get with the program the splendid leader has told us we will be free to trade with the whole world not just the e.u....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...itizens-brexit
    Make Mercia Great Again!

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    He needs to get with the program the splendid leader has told us we will be free to trade with the whole world not just the e.u....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...itizens-brexit
    Our booming IT contract market can easily support 45,000 coming home
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Don't think May is aware that if EU citizens get a bad deal back home it'll affect people like myself out here. Jesting aside it is causing serious dismay amongst those in my fraternity, unlike ourselves, who don't have the means to up sticks and relocate, it is just not that simple.

Complete and utter @£$£@ mess. Don't think I've ever known a government to cause such dismay amongst the people.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Don't think May is aware that if EU citizens get a bad deal back home it'll affect people like myself out here. Jesting aside it is causing serious dismay amongst those in my fraternity, unlike ourselves, who don't have the means to up sticks and relocate, it is just not that simple.

Complete and utter @£$£@ mess. Don't think I've ever known a government to cause such dismay amongst the people.
        Crush the saboteurs!
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

come to think about it, if a Brit needed to apply for a work permit and visa (eg like Injuns do) for every contract in an EU country, this would take the Brits out of the EU zone contract market as they wouldn't be able to get visa's and permits in time for the start of the contract - permie roles might be more flexible, but contracts need somebody who can start right now

Milan.

Comment

You cant spend any length of time in Europe, especially the countries mentioned, and not pay local taxes. Agree that having a EU passport is a necessity lost count of the number of times I was asked that when going to Germany.
            Warning unicorn meat may give you hallucinations

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

You spend all your time moaning about the UK. It does not pay the salary you want. Its not as good as Germany.

And now you want UK help?

Well f**k you and the horse you rode in on.

By rode I mean in the biblical sense....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                You spend all your time moaning about the UK. It does not pay the salary you want. Its not as good as Germany.

Well f**k you and the horse you rode in on.

By rode I mean in the biblical sense....
                Come on we don't want him back so we need to ensure he stays away.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Come on we don't want him back so we need to ensure he stays away.

There is no reply I can make to that...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

The UK needs to create a special expat fund for people like us. Perhaps it can become part of the aid budget. Expats do an enormous amount of good for promoting the UK and business back home, myself included. Not that long ago I hooked up a German client with a company based in Fife. So before you get on the jingoistic high horse you might want to consider other factors. Just because I don't pay tax in the UK does not mean I don't contribute.

Try and explain this to people and the level of networking is over their head. Pointless.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X