• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Amazon prime day - anyone got any bargains?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. I ordered an Amazon. She is out the back chopping firewood as we speak.
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      This is my problem with the Honeywell EvoHome range... it looks the most complete system but to control via your phone, you have to go via their servers.
      Where the real money will be made selling your data on to third parties.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

8tb external disk £119. (Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8 TB USB 3.0)

another echo dot for £34.99 for the little lounge they have a headphone jack so you can put them into any decent speaker.

IMHO Amazon missed a trick & should have added an optical out for the fanatics on the Big Echo or a square one with optical, IR & LCD display to go with your amp.

love the dots they are just great listening to Dire straits on it now. Not great audio but good enough.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          This is my problem with the Honeywell EvoHome range... it looks the most complete system but to control via your phone, you have to go via their servers.
          yep its pretty much standard, everyone wants you to subscribe at a £10 a month. I went with a MiaCasaVerde (Now stupidly called Vera - please fire the marketing team) you have to connect for Alexa etc but no subscription.

One big thing is its very open , covers most vendors. I have Siemens stuff, Fibaro, Alexa, HomeEasy and various audio stuff working together.

Samsung Smartthings I don't think needs a subscription.

Plenty of good open source stuff out there.

Comment

Wild turkey 101 is £18 a bottle!
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

45 rolls of Andrex for £14.99
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                45 rolls of Andrex for £14.99
                Bargain.....especially with you being so full of sh*t.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

If you like Jeffery Archer Books they are doing the 7 books in the Clifton chronicles series on Kindle for £6.49.

Ready for the next holiday / flight.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    If you like Jeffery Archer Books they are doing the 7 books in the Clifton chronicles series on Kindle for £6.49.

Ready for the next holiday / flight.
                    That's cheaper than the Andrex deal, and arguably more absorbent.
                    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Got a home security camera system that looked a bargain:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

4 outdoor cameras and a box that you can show the cameras on the tv and view any of them on a smartphone.

Comment

Working...
                      X