• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Money Saving Tip: Anyone use Mach3 blades ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

. according to my calculations I'll be saving 200 quid a year with which I can do as I so wish

what's not to like

Milan.
    Excellent news. You will be able to kit the entire family out annually with white flags in case the balloon ever goes up.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      £200 a year saving. How often are you changing blades ?
      £200 gets you ~ 15 packs. At 4 blades a pack. This gives you 61 blades for the year.
      ok I live on the mainland I pay less than you, make it 400 quid a year saving.

I use two blades a week

Milan.

Comment

Bloody purple hairs take ages to clean out. Will it work on my brand?

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

I've had the Razorpit for a few years now.

It's pretty crap. Not a good replacement for new blades.

Comment

Get my blades from Pennymart, €1.20 for a pack of five. Stop spending money on labels.

#howtogetrich
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
              ok I live on the mainland I pay less than you, make it 400 quid a year saving.

I use two blades a week

Milan.
              Two blades a week!

Dry your razor after shaving.

And tell your wife to stop shaving her back with it.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Get my blades from Pennymart, €1.20 for a pack of five. Stop spending money on labels.

#howtogetrich
                BIC 2 disposable sort out my manly Desperate Dan type stubble - £.90 for 10
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I read somewhere that it's micro rust that dulls the blade so clean/dry it after using to get more life out of them.

I stopped paying the Gillette tax years ago and found the Tesco Triple Blade system just as good but about a quarter of the cost.

Seems Tesco have stopped making those and now have an 'advanced performance triple blade' system that is compatible with Gillette Mach 3 but at half the cost. New I should have stocked up a few years worth while they had the older cheaper ones.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Not after Brexit...
                    Looks at income arriving in €s and $s.

Hmm doubt its going to impact me really....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                      Two blades a week!

Dry your razor after shaving.

And tell your wife to stop shaving her back with it.
                      Milan has convinced his wife it is 1970 so she does not shave any more.

Comment

Working...
                      X