• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying Cash in Hand

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paying Cash in Hand

link

Report said those paying cash-in-hand to get a discount were not ‘good citizens’
    I pay cash in hand for some stuff - the local guy who does my plastering for example. He's only charging £100 per day so , frankly, I don't really begrudge him with his creative accounting and I don't see why I should be made complicit in tax evasion - the onus is surely on him?

Anyhow, that "not good citizens" line is fecking creepy.

hmm

He said migrants should be barred from operating on a cash-in-hand basis, urging ministers to make it a condition of new work permits for migrants to show they could take electronic payments.
    bloody racist.

now have they worked out why travellers on benefits always have brand new cars?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Fecking racist. My Polish builder is so proud of living in Britain he pays the right taxes. There as my British fencer openly admitted screwing the taxman.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Fecking racist. My Polish builder is so proud of living in Britain he pays the right taxes. There as my British fencer openly admitted screwing the taxman.
        What do you fence?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          On the one hand you object to cash in hand but on the other you are fencing stolen goods.

HYPOCRIT!

Comment

Your local cash in hand builder still pays more tax than Starbucks or apple.
            http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
              Anyhow, that "not good citizens" line is fecking creepy.
              That's just the beginning... there are rulzes for naughty people like you.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                Your local cash in hand builder still pays more tax than Starbucks or apple.
                I insist on paying cash in hand, as I feel every penny denied by hook or by crook to the Government makes the UK a freer country.

A flush government is a tyranny, either established or in the making, and a skint government means freedom (and feck the NHS!)

But being a smoker, I unfortunately pay more than my "fair share" of taxes.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

He said migrants should be barred from operating on a cash-in-hand basis, urging ministers to make it a condition of new work permits for migrants to show they could take electronic payments.
                  Catch 22, Banks ask for employment contract or evidence of self employment just to open a current account. How on earth are they going to setup someone to receive electronic (presumably card) payments (as anyone can receive electronic bank transfers)

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Catch 22, Banks ask for employment contract or evidence of self employment just to open a current account. How on earth are they going to setup someone to receive electronic (presumably card) payments (as anyone can receive electronic bank transfers)
                    They don't (or shouldn't) for a basic bank account though.

Comment

Working...
                    X