• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private School Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Plus private schools have many more opportunities to learn a language or a musical instrument or play rugby or tennis.
    I agree private schools have several advantages such as smaller class sizes, and even the musical instrument thing, but how the flippering flip is it worth paying an arm and a leg just so they can play rugby or tennis?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      I agree private schools have several advantages such as smaller class sizes, and even the musical instrument thing, but how the flippering flip is it worth paying an arm and a leg just so they can play rugby or tennis?
      It's only two Tory bets per year.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's one of the advantages to be exposed to sports you could not otherwise try.
        Plus you don't make contacts at football, do you?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I agree private schools have several advantages

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            It's one of the advantages to be exposed to sports you could not otherwise try.
            Plus you don't make contacts at football, do you?
            Yes I suppose knowing the arcane rules of the Eton Wall Game might have a certain cachet. But my neighbour's kids walk five miles a day barefoot to the local workhouse school or something, yet outside school my neighbours still manage to take them to play cricket, tennis, riding, and swimming among other things.

So I guess my implicit point was that one can arrange most sports for the kids without school involvement, though I suppose if it's a boarding school the kids will be away there for much of the time.
            Last edited by OwlHoot; 13 July 2017, 16:29.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

In grammar school area and eldest passed 11 plus - yes, she is clearly smarter than me. Very nice school so very happy with it, she starts in September. Would not have considered private unless in a very crap catchment area.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                In grammar school area and eldest passed 11 plus - yes, she is clearly smarter than me. Very nice school so very happy with it, she starts in September. Would not have considered private unless in a very crap catchment area.
                You are suppose to say - "Takes after her mum."
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

You must live in a crap area if you weren't forced to partake in sports like rugby and tennis at school.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    You are suppose to say - "Takes after her mum."

Grandma - Father's side

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                      Grandma - Father's side
                      Ahhh you are divorced or want to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X