• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Private School Question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Ahhh you are divorced or want to be.
    Didn't get married Been together 24 years this September though. Yes, she is a saint to put up with me.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Didn't get married Been together 24 years this September though. Yes, she is a saint to put up with me.
      Wow. 24 years! Most closet gays have come out before that, but I suppose some people just keep on living the lie.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        That's a lot of missed 5k dividend allowances!
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Question. Who sends their kids to private school?

Why am I asking?

Oldest child is now 11 and about to enter Secondary School, whilst 2nd is still a while off.

Never believed that <11 is that worthwhile for private education, but smaller classes, more competition/dedicated teaching is beneficial for 11+

I believe that those children who want to please, are competitive, want to exceed would be better placed in a private school with smaller classes

As we are all higher earners, what proportion of us sends their kids to private school?

Poll to follow
          Don't have kids, so it's hypothetical. However, there are Grammars just across the river in Surrey, so I'd be looking that way first, and private as the second option. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I sent my hypothetical kids to a comp. I went to one, and look at me now, I'm a knuckle-dragging Brexiteer cretin. Apparently...
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            It's one of the advantages to be exposed to sports you could not otherwise try.
            Plus you don't make contacts at football, do you?
            Don't worry the wife who taught at Eton now schools our kids, arcane tulip is in their DNA.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
              Couldn't we just mark ATW as 'single, no mates and sitting in his bedroom'. A status which will never change!
              Burn him

Edited to say: I was quoting MF.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                That's a lot of missed 5k dividend allowances!
                Depends how you structure things doesn't it I asked my accountant at an early stage, he sorted me out.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  You are suppose to say - "Takes after her mum."
                  Takes after her Dad. MF....

Comment

Blimey, CUK has turned into Mumsnet.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Depends on the kid and the school. If she's bright, diligent and hardworking, assuming that the state school is decent, she'll do well wherever she goes.
                      ^ Top advice.

I sent my two. Daughter was hard-working and diligent, she'd have done fine at a comp, but private got the best out of her, although there's a lot of snobbery so unless you're actually rich (rather than wealthy) expect your kid to be treated as a 2nd class citizen by the rich ones. Anyway, in her case, best decision ever.

My son was a lazy sod. Waste of time and money sending him, he just messed about, may as well have sent him to fail at the local comp.

Which goes right back to MS's words of wisdom

Comment

Working...
                      X