• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ladies and Gentlemen

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    They should make it totally inclusive by mentioning all genders, races etc. etc. equally:

"Ladies, men, transgender, gays, lesbians, people of above average weight, people of Polish origin, Pakistani, Indian, Afro Caribbean.................."
    What's wrong with "Ladies, gentlemen and others"?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Aren't we all "customers" these days....?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        It's not even like many people identify as neither gender - only a fraction of trans people. Has anyone asked if trans people find public announcements on trains to be distressing?
        Being trans has nothing to do with it. Everyone finds announcements on trains distressing, they mean delays.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          What's wrong with "Ladies, gentlemen and others"?
          Someone will find "others" offensive.

If I was a tube driver I would just take the p*ss by either calling everyone "plebs", "folks" or saying stuff like "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears"
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

"Hello suckers, welcome to another trip into hell. The 4:15 from...."
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              Announcement is not gender neutral so being axed from London Underground.

https://mobile.twitter.com/itvnews/s...55170283712512
              Maybe we should leave it as it is and if you don't like it then walk.

Hmmm strangely I am sure the special snowflakes will cope.

On the flip side just say 'people'

Or is that offensive to furries?

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Someone will find "others" offensive.
                OK, how about "Ladies and gentlemen and if there are any of the rather few in the general scheme of things people within earshot who identify as neither, you as well".
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  Maybe we should leave it as it is and if you don't like it then walk.

Hmmm strangely I am sure the special snowflakes will cope.

On the flip side just say 'people'

Or is that offensive to furries?
                  Yep.

"Hello people, dogs, cats and rats"
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                  X