• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why the EU love in?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that there has been no war between the UK, France, Germany, Holland, Italy and Spain (in every possible combination and coalition) in a period of 71 years is almost unprecedented for and most is thanks to the EU

Yes there will be trade even after the hardest of Brexits without any deal, but things will be a lot more expensive for the UK whilst the other 23 countries can trade freely without taxes and have great trade deals with loads of other countries. It's the single braincelled brexit voters who will feel the impact the hardest as they will be losing their jobs the first, but at least they have their "freedom" whatever it means, but on the dole, which will be reduced as well as there won't be any Polish workers anymore to pay their taxes to fund the Brexiteer's doles

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      The fact that there has been no war between the UK, France, Germany, Holland, Italy and Spain (in every possible combination and coalition) in a period of 71 years is almost unprecedented for and most is thanks to the EU

Yes there will be trade even after the hardest of Brexits without any deal, but things will be a lot more expensive for the UK whilst the other 23 countries can trade freely without taxes and have great trade deals with loads of other countries. It's the single braincelled brexit voters who will feel the impact the hardest as they will be losing their jobs the first, but at least they have their "freedom" whatever it means, but on the dole, which will be reduced as well as there won't be any Polish workers anymore to pay their taxes to fund the Brexiteer's doles

I think you are over stating the role of the EU in keeping the peace somewhat. I would have said having a divided Germany for much of that time, NATO and the cold war were much greater factors in keeping Europe a peaceful continent.

Currently with the EU meddling in the Ukraine and it's free for all immigration policy we are seeing in fact the EU is creating a great deal of disharmony and strife both among member states and externally.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post

I would argue that Nato has done the more for European peace. Of course most of that is paid for by the USA. Germany debt after the war was limited and forgiven, again another reason for Germany prospering. Something we should not forget when asked for a brexit bill to be paid.

Won't bother with the second paragraph, gibberish and probably racist.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          I would argue that Nato has done the more for European peace. Of course most of that is paid for by the USA. Germany debt after the war was limited and forgiven, again another reason for Germany prospering. Something we should not forget when asked for a brexit bill to be paid.

Won't bother with the second paragraph, gibberish and probably racist.
          No Brexiters are the same race. The thick as mince 50% of the race.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
            I think you are over stating the role of the EU in keeping the peace somewhat. I would have said having a divided Germany for much of that time, NATO and the cold war were much greater factors in keeping Europe a peaceful continent.

Currently with the EU meddling in the Ukraine and it's free for all immigration policy we are seeing in fact the EU is creating a great deal of disharmony and strife both among member states and externally.
            The EU meddling in Ukraine???? Are you paid by the Kremlin or UKIP to post this?
            It's Russia that attacked and occupied Ukraine only because Ukraine wanted to have a free trade agreement with the EU

Comment

I think you are over stating the role of the EU in keeping the peace somewhat. I would have said having a divided Germany for much of that time, NATO and the cold war were much greater factors in keeping Europe a peaceful continent. .
              Keeping the peace requires managing the trade between member states. Maintaining the flow of cooperation between member states. That's nothing to do with NATO.

NATO takes care of perceived threats from outside Europe. The EU maintains the peace from internal threats.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                No Brexiters are the same race. The thick as mince 50% of the race.
                Keep going Sasy, don't get disheartened. I'm sure one day you will start to make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  If the UK admits that it is wrong, grovels for forgiveness and allows the ECJ to rule over it I think there is a good chance of coming to some sort of arrangement on the debt, in the same way Germany's debt was forgiven.

I can well imagine that if strident postwar German leaders had suggested that the UK and US could "whistle" for their debt repayments that they might not have been so forgiving.
                  Last edited by BlasterBates; 13 July 2017, 13:09.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

You got your answer in the first reply, you are your mates have no response to that, hence they all swarm on to attack and make up lies.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Long time lurker first time poster, genuine question why are so many posters on here seemingly in love with the EU? Why do you love it so much and what do you think it is?
                      I think this guy has been hanging on MirrorCUK...
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X