• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

sniff sniff - Theresa May 'shed a tear' at election exit poll

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sniff sniff - Theresa May 'shed a tear' at election exit poll

This followed by some of this

The epitome of self interest personified, she's a toe rag of tory alright. No morals whatsoever.

Well said that person:

"80+ people die in Grenfell Tower, the economy is tanking, the only people who she can get meetings with for new trade deals are demagogues like Trump and Erdogan, ice caps are melting while her hand-holding friend in the White House wants to re-open coal mines and build oil pipelines — and she's still crying about her own fall from grace. What an horrendously-awful person. What a pathetic leader."

Theresa May has revealed she shed a "little tear" when she learned the result of the election exit poll suggesting she would lose her majority.

The prime minister said her husband Philip told her the news - and it came as a "complete shock".

"It took a few minutes for it to sink in," she told BBC Radio 5 Live's Emma Barnett, because "we didn't see that result coming".

"My husband gave me a hug," she added, and she cried a "little tear".

The prime minister said she did not watch the exit poll herself, as "I have a little bit of superstition about things like that".

This is the moment Mrs May missed...
    She knew her campaign had not been "perfect", she added, but all the indications she had had were that she would increase her Commons majority.

Mrs May called 8 June's general election to tighten her grip on power and strengthen her hand in Brexit talks by increasing the number of Conservative MPs in the Commons.

But although she started more than 20 points ahead of Labour in the opinion polls she lost most of that lead as well as 22 seats, wiping out the 17 seat majority she had inherited from predecessor David Cameron.

The ITV/Sky/BBC exit poll, which was carried out at polling stations across the UK, was met with surprise and scepticism by MPs from all parties when it was announced as voting ended - the widespread assumption had still been that the Conservatives would at least keep their majority.
    source: Theresa May 'shed a tear' at election exit poll - BBC News
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

She's not the only one.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      She's not the only one.
      That was probably pre-cum, MF...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        That was probably pre-cum, MF...
        oh jeez now I have an image of MF's cum face

I'm thinking a cross between Frank Cannon & Worzel Gummidge.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Big bloody waste of time that election. She called it she could have at least turned up and did a bit of electioneering.

Now Corbyn is wondering around with a big smug smile on his face.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Big bloody waste of time that election. She called it she could have at least turned up and did a bit of electioneering.

Now Corbyn is wondering around with a big smug smile on his face.
            I have a suspicion why the election was called when it was. The continual talk about house price drops and a very interesting report on consumer bad debt from the Bank of England gives me a clue or 2....
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              This followed by some of this

The epitome of self interest personified, she's a toe rag of tory alright. No morals whatsoever.

Well said that person:

"80+ people die in Grenfell Tower, the economy is tanking, the only people who she can get meetings with for new trade deals are demagogues like Trump and Erdogan, ice caps are melting while her hand-holding friend in the White House wants to re-open coal mines and build oil pipelines — and she's still crying about her own fall from grace. What an horrendously-awful person. What a pathetic leader."

source: Theresa May 'shed a tear' at election exit poll - BBC News
              Indeed much prefer some gurning Liberal twat uses those deaths as a political springboard.

For the many and not the few.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                oh jeez now I have an image of MF's cum face

I'm thinking a cross between Frank Cannon & Worzel Gummidge.

Nah, think more Toad of Toad Hall taking a large inhale of air after downing a big glug of Aftershock.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Big bloody waste of time that election.
                  I still laugh whenever I'm reminded of it, so at least it's spread a little happiness

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I still laugh whenever I'm reminded of it, so at least it's spread a little happiness
                    Oh feck.

I have to fill in my voter registration form.

I'm sure I have to vote again soon. I've only had to vote for an MP every year since 2015....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X