• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Democracy in action

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you need to remember is Sturgeon has a majority government, May doesn't
    Will be interesting when this goes to the vote then won't it.

Quite why the whining ones, even combined, think they have a majority I don't know and why they think that all of their MP's will always vote against the prevailing Government is also a bit 'anti-democratic'.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Carwyn Jones does not speak for the people of North Wales. He is despised there.
      Are you speaking for all the people of North Wales?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        When we vote in a general election are we voting for the UK government or the English government?
        Neither. You're voting for a British government.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Neither. You're voting for a British government.
          You're not doing that either. You're voting for your MP. You have no real say in which government you get.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            You really don't understand how this works do you?
            What I, and everyone else with at least half a brain understands is that when they were given the choice, 55% of Scottish voters chose to remain as a part of the UK.

That being the case, they also agreed to be bound by any subsequent decisions that might be democratically made by the UK electorate.

With all that said, we have now reached the point where any decisions made by the government in Westminster apply to all parts of the UK.

And what the cottage-burning druid-worshipping Taff minority might need to remember also is that a majority of overall Welsh voters chose to LEAVE the EU in last year's referendum.

Now maybe you can get a grown-up to proof-read what I have stated here before you make a colossal c0ck of yourself again.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              What I, and everyone else with at least half a brain understands is that when they were given the choice, 55% of Scottish voters chose to remain as a part of the UK.

That being the case, they also agreed to be bound by any subsequent decisions that might be democratically made by the UK electorate.

With all that said, we have now reached the point where any decisions made by the government in Westminster apply to all parts of the UK.

And what the cottage-burning druid-worshipping Taff minority might need to remember also is that a majority of overall Welsh voters chose to LEAVE the EU in last year's referendum.

Now maybe you can get a grown-up to proof-read what I have stated here before you make a colossal c0ck of yourself again.

I suggest you read up on devolution. It is a fecking mess before you realise that the UK has different legal jurisdictions with laws that don't always mirror each other....

Oh and stop being racist.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I suggest you read up on devolution.
                I know all about devolution. It devolves a subset of powers to regional bodies. It is NOT, and NEVER has been, anything approachig full-blown Independence.
                Maybe it is YOU that needs to read up on it?

It is a fecking mess before you realise that the UK has different legal jurisdictions with laws that don't always mirror each other....
                This really doesn't boil down to any serious point of law, much as the likes of Sturgeon would like it to.

Oh and stop being racist.
                Racist? Moi? Pah!!!
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I know all about devolution. It devolves a subset of powers to regional bodies. It is NOT, and NEVER has been, anything approachig full-blown Independence.
                  Maybe it is YOU that needs to read up on it?

This really doesn't boil down to any serious point of law, much as the likes of Sturgeon would like it to.

Racist? Moi? Pah!!!
                  You really are a nasty piece of work. Your mother must be ashamed of you.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    You really are a nasty piece of work. Your mother must be ashamed of you.
                    If by "nasty" you mean that I like to expose hypocrisy, then that would be a YES.

And at least I know who my mother is.

Comment

If by "nasty" you mean that I like to expose hypocrisy, then that would be a YES.

And at least I know who my mother is.

Your posts really are like that of a spotty teenager. I can't believe you're not. If you are an adult, then I suggest you get a mirror and look at yourself. Do try to grow up and join the rest of us adults.
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X