• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"British are a disgrace"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"British are a disgrace"

The following shows the arrogance and plain stupidity of the government.
    May's only advance was lost. She could trigger art 50 at any time; she could wait until at least the UK had a plan. However, she was more concerned about her own position as MP.

Brexit: German politicians tell Irish counterparts ‘British are a disgrace’ | The Independent
    Brexit: German politicians tell Irish counterparts ‘British are a disgrace’
    'It was actually farcical is what they said. They came out of the meeting very bemused and annoyed'

Senior German politicians reportedly launched a scathing attack on their British counterparts, calling them a “disgrace” and labelling their response to Brexit “farcical” during a meeting in the Bundestag.
    Irish and German figures gathered at an Oireachtas delegation held by the German Parliament’s finance committee to discuss Brexit.
    Fine Gael senator Ray Butler, who attended the meeting, said the German politicians were speaking after a recent visit to Westminster.
    They said they met the finance committee in London and they were shocked by the way they handled themselves," Mr Butler told the Sunday Independent.
    "They said they were making it up as the went along and were very poorly prepared for Brexit.”
    "It was actually farcical, is what they said. They came out of the meeting very bemused and annoyed.”
    Independent senator Gerard Craughwell said the group raised "deep concerns" over how prepared the UK was for Brexit.
    "They found the British finance committee unprepared for Brexit and said they didn't seem to have considered the impact leaving the EU would have on Britain's economy," Mr Craughwell said.
    A report documenting the Bundestag visit recorded both German and Irish politicians as being disappointed by Britain’s decision to leave the EU.
    "Both sides agreed that there was no 'upside' to Brexit,”
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    May's only advance was lost. She could trigger art 50 at any time; she could wait until at least the UK had a plan. However, she was more concerned about her own position as MP.

Brexit: German politicians tell Irish counterparts ‘British are a disgrace’ | The Independent
    800 years of struggle followed by about 50 years of independence then handing it all over to the EU. The Irish idea of independence is not taking orders from Westminster, they are quite happy to take them from Germany so long as the money keeps rolling in.

With the UK gone and Ireland moving into net contributor territory I wonder for how much longer will the Irish public put up with this farce.

Comment

Cheers Fritz!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
        800 years of trying to take over the world followed by about 50 years of whining to the EU.
        FTFY
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Many industries now using EU developed standards, complex supply-chain topology throughout, ease of movement for labour... all of that thrown away because of David Cameron and his blonde haired buffoon playing poker with the economy to ensure his party won the election.

It had to end sometime.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            FTFY
            I suppose running the New York police counts but I'm pretty sure the Irish didn't have colonies,
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Many industries now using EU developed standards, complex supply-chain topology throughout, ease of movement for labour... all of that thrown away because of David Cameron and his blonde haired buffoon playing poker with the economy to ensure his party won the election.

It had to end sometime.
              I wonder whats up with you, all of you posts are the same, negative. No I mean this, not trolling or frustrated with your repetitive posts. I'm just struck by how mental you posts are.

Can't just be me, others must think you have a screw lose.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                I wonder whats up with you, all of you posts are the same, negative. No I mean this, not trolling or frustrated with your repetitive posts. I'm just struck by how mental you posts are.

The most liked post in the banned thread was when ScooterScot got his. Atw and sasguru have headed off to the love drey. Hopefully SS will join them soon.

Comment

We're a Laughing Stock

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Just to be clear, SS is not giving his own opinion. He's giving the opinion of THE WORLD.

Has the world got a screw loose? Who cares - the fact is Trump makes a bee-line for France and hugs its president. Come to the UK? Sorry can't make it: I've got to change my library book...
                  "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post

How about the Germans and the Irish stop acting like a bunch of spoiled ten year old girls and keep their bitchy little lies to themselves?

Comment

Working...
                    X