• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dear oh Dear!! (Female Dr Who)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Shaun - in your opinion are women good enough to become train dirvers?
    Of course, it's not like they have to reverse them
    Contracting is like plumbing. You're your own boss until you walk into someone's house and they tell you to take your shoes off.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Yes, of course they are.

What a stupid question.

You are Philip Hammond and I claim my 5% tax relief!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/h...rain-qmnhfq2dq

Comment

Joanna Lumley was the first female Doctor in The Curse of the Fatal Death for Comic Relief.

Still counts.

Comment

There you go again, comparing changing an established human character from one sex to another to that of an alien who routinely regenerates into a new body regenerating into one that has the appearance of a human female.

Only one person here talking rubbish...

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            As long as attempts to be inclusive and promote equality in film and television are derided by people as "politically correct nonsense" - as if there is no other merit to actually doing these things - then we still have quite a long way to go until we live in an actually equal and inclusive society.
            Just don't let Hollywood get involved....

Comment

I've not seen the Ghostbusters remake so have no idea if it's any good but if it's rubbish, I very much doubt it's got anything to do with the sex of the leads.

Comment

an alien who routinely regenerates into a new body regenerating into one that has the appearance of a human female.
                Yes, so "routinely" that a gender change has never actually occurred in the series, even though it has been going for well over half a century.

Only one person here talking rubbish...
                Fair play to you for your candour!!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I'm all up for Miss Bruno an elderly black bachelor solving crimes.

Maybe Ted & Luis two slightly dotty husbands driving off a cliff.

Eric Brocknovich a feisty legal assistant taking on a big multinational wearing tight pants an low cut T shirts.

Robina hood stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.

They have been working up to it for years it was going to happen. It doesn't mean that much really.

The thing that really annoyed me was making the Doctor overtly sexual snogging people & then making death inconsequential.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                    Yes, so "routinely" that a gender change has never actually occurred in the series, even though it has been going for well over half a century.
                    Erm, yes it has. The Master became Missy. Do you even watch the show or are you just ignorant about everything?!?

I bet your knuckles hurt when they drag on the ground, don't they?
                    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I've not seen the Ghostbusters remake so have no idea if it's any good but if it's rubbish, I very much doubt it's got anything to do with the sex of the leads.
                      Terrible script really, written by Katie Dippold ...

Comment

Working...
                      X