• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now if only he had thought of that before the armed robbery!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a committed fathers rights activist, I think his children are better off without their father.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      As a committed fathers rights activist, I think his children are better off without their father.
      well it seems at that tender age he has impregnated two separate women, one assumes we get to fund them...
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          He was not beaten to death by a mob. He was restrained through citizens arrest using minimum force. Those making the arrest were attacked by his mate in a car.

Under your thinking, those who dared to stand up to terrorist attackers would be prosecuted.
          These people aren't qualified or equipped to make arrests because they aren't members of the police. Would you let an unknown member of the public help you in a medical emergency because they felt they were qualified?

Under your thinking a terrorist attack is equivalent to a convenience store robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by tiggat View Post
            These people aren't qualified or equipped to make arrests because they aren't members of the police. Would you let an unknown member of the public help you in a medical emergency because they felt they were qualified?

Under your thinking a terrorist attack is equivalent to a convenience store robbery.
            I think the point is that by stoping the guy who was wondering around with a baseball bat threatening to rob a store you are doing society a favour.

The comparison with helping somebody who is injured is not the same - although think about it this way.

You have a competent but not qualified person who could help you but the qualified person is 15 minutes away and you will die in 10 - are you really telling me you would prefer to die than let someone try and save you?

I am trying to feel sorry for the guy who dies but basically like many people I am sick and tired of criminals being portrayed as victims in some way when they get hurt doing their crimes.

In my view as soon as you do something which completely disrespects someone else human rights you have be default removed any need for anyone to care about yours.

Comment

they weren't however their intentions seem to be honourable, legal and apparently reasonable.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2011...itizens-arrest

now if you can find similar law to support taking a golf club to the local COOPs staff.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

He looks like a big lad in the justgiving page. Pretty brave of whoever took him on!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Would you let an unknown member of the public help you in a medical emergency because they felt they were qualified?
                  If the alternative is lying there, incapacitated, and perhaps bleeding to death before the emergency services arrive on the scene, then yes, I would let an untrained member of the public help me. Let's face it, in this circumstance, they couldn't make anything worse and I'd have very little to lose, no?

Comment

Anyone can make a citizens arrest. In fact, it is what special constables do as they have no powers of arrest.

You should be arrested for crimes against intelligence. As soon as I have arrested sasguru, I will be round for you....

Comment

Originally posted by billybiro View Post
                      , they couldn't make anything worse
                      Are you sure?

Comment

Working...
                      X