• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now if only he had thought of that before the armed robbery!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost It View Post
    I think there was a "You reap what you sow" comment at the time.
    Saying "Karma" is less likely to get you a punch.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Many years ago now... My mate Gary was walking through a park in Mitcham, early evening, with his girlfriend on his arm, and three scrotes of indeterminate colour stopped him, demanded his wallet, (no mobile phones back then) but Gary was a bit handy, we both did martial arts for years back in the 70's, he was far more competent at it than I was.. IIRC what happened next was....

He took his wallet out, tossed it in one of the kids face, said scrote put his hands up to protect his face, Gary punched him gently, just hard enough to lay him out... The one to his side took a swing at him, pulled a knife. And at that point as Gary said, the gloves were off. He disarmed the one with the knife, kicked him hard enough to make him talk falsetto for a while, and I think broke his arm then turned to the third one who decided he wasn't that interested in robbing any more and ran off. All the while his girlfriend is screaming her self into a bit of a state, no-one came.... I don't think she knew Gary that well at the time, but as he said, if there hadn't been a knife involved he would still have kicked the tulip out of them on principle.

Phoned the police. They tried to do him for armed assault. (He kept hold of the knife thinking they may be able to get prints off it or something) so there you go. Three of them, one and a bit of him, and the feds go for him. It didn't make it to court. The feds view was that he should just have handed his wallet over and reported the crime.

Lets see: Yorkshireman. Ex Royal Signals. Boxing champ in the army. Girl on his arm. Sober.

Nope. That's not going to happen. Even the thought of a Yorkshireman giving money away is heresy.

Comment

Phoned the police. They tried to do him for armed assault. (He kept hold of the knife thinking they may be able to get prints off it or something) so there you go. Three of them, one and a bit of him, and the feds go for him. It didn't make it to court. The feds view was that he should just have handed his wallet over and reported the crime.
        Don't want to go into crazy detail here (Hit me up at a meet if you want the story), but I was once attacked during a road rage incident by something of a nasty piece of work. To give some insight, this person is now in prison (again) for armed robbery of a jewellers and had already accrued a serious string of convictions at the time.

Anyhow, I won that particular skirmish (In that he got hurt, I didn't) - would you like to take bets as to which one of us wound up getting arrested, processed and eventually found themselves in the dock at Crown Court....?

Comment

More details on the case of the guy in A-d-l-Z from a witness here: Ashby robbery suspect who later died "hit head on concrete lintel" says witness | Leicester Mercury

Apparently he smacked his head hard when trying to get away. Also, one of the crowd who restrained him was an off-duty copper

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            More details on the case of the guy in A-d-l-Z from a witness here: Ashby robbery suspect who later died "hit head on concrete lintel" says witness | Leicester Mercury

Apparently he smacked his head hard when trying to get away. Also, one of the crowd who restrained him was an off-duty copper
            So his mate tried to kill him to ensure he couldn't be grassed up - nice.

Comment

After a post mortem death is 'unexplained' so obviously he wasn't beaten to death as suggested by his friends.

Maybe he had taken something and the stress got to him.

I did wonder if his mate had hit him with the car but sounds like they moved him just in time.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Many years ago now... My mate Gary was walking through a park in Mitcham... Three of them, one and a bit of him, and the feds go for him.
                Feds? This was Mitcham Louisiana, was it?
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Feds? This was Mitcham Louisiana, was it?
                  Nah he's just making every child, teen and adult be embarrassed for him with his "street" talk.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Nah he's just making every child, teen and adult be embarrassed for him with his "street" talk.

Everyone knows to get cred with the young bloods you call them the po-po.

I do remember dropping my dog off at the groomers and about 7 lads walked past me in the middle of the road. They where trying their best to be intimidating but I could not stop laughing at their accents.

Bunch of white, Manchester teenagers sounding like they where a mix of Jamaican and American, referring to the police as the feds.
                    Last edited by woohoo; 19 July 2017, 10:14.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                      Everyone knows to get cred with the young bloods you call them the po-po.

I do remember dropping my dog off at the groomers and about 7 lads walked past me in the middle of the road. They where trying their best to be intimidating but I could not stop laughing at their accents.

Bunch of white, Manchester teenagers sounding like they where a mix of Jamaican and American, referring to the police as the feds.
                      In the mid-80s I was round a mate's flat and a black friend of his was talking in patois with a broad Jamaican accent. After he left, my mate said "He never used to talk like that. I was at school with him, and until he was about seventeen he talked perfectly normally"

Comment

Working...
                      X