• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excellent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    In the words of Jacob Rees-Mogg's first tweet...
    Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis.
    I assumed that translated as "be careful what you wish for, it may come true" or "I will now spin the bottle of blame to determine your punishment".

However it seems to mean "Times change, and we change with them". I am not sure if that refers to the CUK site or the posters though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Don't I have to prove I am over 18 for that?
      You will soon: https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...t-card-details
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

No kitten viodeos?

(HT to tarbera)

Comment

I hope you saw "The Passengers That Took On the Train Line"?

BR lost nearly everything 20 years ago. However it still exists. To own some old bits of land(not needed by network rail) and to administer pensions.
          Wierdly, I've just heard Clifford (one of the retired pub bores*) talking about a local disused railway tunnel under a park. He was waffling on about it being owned by BR still, hence nothing had been done with it to make it a bit of an attraction within the park. I went in the garden before he'd finished his tale, though the general consensus seemed to be he was talking tulipe. Probably still on the subject I reckon.

I think the pensions are administered from Darlington. I had a right pushy pimpess on the phone a couple of years back about them - she wouldn't take no for an answer. She even went to the trouble of calling back once she'd googled suitable trains for me to commute via

* retired from working, very much an active pub bore.

Comment

a local disused railway tunnel under a park
            Doubt it's still there and accessible but I remember one of those in South London. You walked through it and came out by a Dulwich park, all you could see was trees, as though you'd left London behind.

Kind regards,
            Old Pub Bore

It's this one, closed off now - typical elf an safety

https://www.urban75.net/forums/threa...h-wood.162700/
            Last edited by xoggoth; 18 July 2017, 09:00.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

What a great idea! We could have "A Boring Thread"

On second thoughts, aTW does lots of those already.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                In the words of Jacob Rees-Mogg's first tweet...
                Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis.
                Someone did ask if that was the shortlist for naming his next child.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X