• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Saudi Woman Investigated for "Indecent" Clothing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saudi Woman Investigated for "Indecent" Clothing

Seems to be a fair bit of this sort of behavior going on in Saudi currently.

A woman who posted a video of herself touring one of Saudi Arabia’s heritage sites dressed in a skirt and crop top is being investigated by the kingdom’s religious police.

The woman, who identified herself as Khulood, posted a clip on Snapchat over the weekend at the deserted Ushaqir heritage village in the religiously conservative province of Najd, about 100 miles (160km) north of the capital, Riyadh.

To westerners, her outfit is that of a typical summer tourist – sunglasses, a short skirt, short T-shirt and her head uncovered. But it breaches Saudi Arabia’s strict dress code requiring women to wear headscarves and abayas (full-length robes) in public. Most also cover their face with a black veil, though exceptions are made for visiting dignitaries.

The video, filmed in a region home to many of Saudi Arabia’s most conservative tribes and families, appears to be a deliberate protest against clothing rules and has prompted calls for the woman to be prosecuted. It follows a spate of video protests about the kingdom’s ban on women driving.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigation
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Seems to be a fair bit of this sort of behavior going on in Saudi currently.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-investigation
    They may have a quick whip round for her
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Its the slow fight back against medievalism lets hope they win.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

To westerners, her outfit is that of a typical summer tourist – sunglasses, a short skirt, short T-shirt and her head uncovered. But it breaches Saudi Arabia’s strict dress code requiring women to wear headscarves and abayas (full-length robes) in public.
        Gotta stick to those rules....

Comment

Walking around Manchester city centre in the sun I can see plenty examples of indecent clothing.

It's so shocking and outrageous I might have to go check again.
          Last edited by northernladuk; 18 July 2017, 15:05.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Walking around Manchester city centre in the sun I can see plenty examples of incident clothing.

It's so shocking and outrageous I might have to go check again.

What sort of "incident" are we discussing here
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Yet another public flogging/stoning on the cards...
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                What sort of "incident" are we discussing here
                The one where auto-correct made me look like an illiterate idiot and some smart ass decided to quote it before I could fix it. Happy?
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Similar intolerance occurring in Turkey. There's a vid on my facebook of a young Turkish man slapping a strange woman across the face as he was getting off the bus because she was wearing a skirt.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    The one where auto-correct made me look like an illiterate idiot ...
                    Ah, but only illiterate idiots have auto-correct enabled. So it is your fault
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X