• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bye bye NHS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    For anyone in a critical condition, the NHS works incredibly well. A few outliers - like what happened to Mother-Out-Law.

For those not critical, it is not so good.
    Unfortunately I know far too many people - myself included - who if they were treated earlier would have cost the NHS far less to treat as they wouldn't have need emergency care and/or expensive medication.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
      Working on the Windows 3.1 upgrade?
      FTFY
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        High earning NHS contractor points out that cash strapped NHS is fooocked...

Classic.
        I wouldn't exactly say circa £250 per day give or take fifty quid well paid given expenses no longer allowed to be put through the books. That's about the average for NHS contracting (outside London).

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
          I wouldn't exactly say circa £250 per day give or take fifty quid well paid given expenses no longer allowed to be put through the books. That's about the average for NHS contracting (outside London).
          I feel sorry for anyone contracting in the NHS, not only the IR35 hoohah but the modest rates, and everything designed by committee with constant meetings attended by hordes of permies each wanting a finger in every pie (With your user name, you must be all too familiar with that! )
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Scotchpie View Post
            250 a day, can I ask why you didnt move into the private sector? Are they any benefits to working in the NHS?

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              Are they any benefits to working in the NHS?
              I think that was covered:

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              everything designed by committee with constant meetings attended by hordes of permies each wanting a finger in every pie
              = Neverending contracts

Comment

Working...
              X