• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC top salaries disclosed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Do you think that is too much or too little, it's hard to know when you just say "Really"
    Well, what do you think ? Have a guess...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      Anyway enough of the overpaid techies .

Am I the only one, on here, who thinks Chris Evans is paid too little
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Am I the only one, on here, who thinks Chris Evans is paid too little
        Yes...
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Yes...
          But, he's so talented.

Surely, you have to pay such money to help such luminary stars be available to assist the up and coming underlings.

The new female Doctor Who included
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

BBC top salaries disclosed

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            A bit on the low side.

What do you think?
            Go on, stop being cryptic and rather than avoiding it, why not answer the simple question with your opinion.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I'm very surprised by the levels of salary the BBC get away with paying. INKSPE.
              Surely for most on the list it's not salary, but the result of the agreed contract remuneration. I don't know what all the fuss is about, the freelancers among them are perfectly able to negotiate whatever they can get away with just like most on here can. I for one am on +50% of the highest advertised rate for my role, and I ain't that good.
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                A bit on the low side.

What do you think?
                Go on, stop being cryptic and rather than avoiding it, why not answer the simple question with your opinion.
                Bully.

He might be a little shy
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                  I for one am on +50% of the highest advertised rate for my role, and I ain't that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                    I for one am on +50% of the highest advertised rate for my role, and I ain't that good.

Anyway, have never had loads of time for Evans as a presenter of any kind.

However, what a player over the years with the very limited skills he has.

Talk about marketing.
                    Went totally overboard to get the publicity, backed away, still earnt top dollar, £2 Million plus per year for his duties, now, to the BBC.

Unsure who manages him.

And.........

He is / was ginger
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                      Surely, you have to pay such money to help such luminary stars be available to assist the up and coming underlings. ...
                      The BBC seem to cling onto old timers and familiar faces well past their prime, putting it charitably.

Off the top of my head, there's the snooker commentator guy, and the Gardener's Question Time old boy, both croaky reedy voiced old octagenarians by the sound of it.

Not saying these people can't still do their jobs, or that they are not popular. But all the same I still think the BBC should be a bit more proactive and daring in pensioning people off and finding newer talent.

Look at the craven unimaginative way the BBC instinctively chose a safe face (Chris Evans inevitably) to host Top Gear after Clarkson & co jumped ship.

It isn't even as if they have to worry about commercial pressures. So surely they of all organisations can afford to be rather bolder.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X