• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC top salaries disclosed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Bully.

He might be a little shy
    I just meant that £150-199k per annum for a contractor is only in the £650-£850ish per day range, also if that figure is including VAT then it is £500-£700ish range.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      The BBC seem to cling onto old timers and familiar faces well past their prime, putting it charitably.

Off the top of my head, there's the snooker commentator guy, and the Gardener's Question Time old boy, both croaky reedy voiced old octagenarians by the sound of it.

Not saying these people can't still do their jobs, or that they are not popular. But all the same I still think the BBC should be a bit more proactive and daring in pensioning people off and finding newer talent.

Look at the craven unimaginative way the BBC instinctively chose a safe face (Chris Evans inevitably) to host Top Gear after Clarkson & co jumped ship.

It isn't even as if they have to worry about commercial pressures. So surely they of all organisations can afford to be rather bolder.
      Its all too cosy in that little BBC world, I can assure you .

As I'm sure you, really, already know.

I know I definitely do
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

BBC top salaries disclosed

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Sexist!

(The Beeb not you.)
        I’ve been called worse, now pop the kettle on love while the men folk talk business
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I’ve been called worse, now pop the kettle on love while the men folk talk business
          Go boil your head!
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            I just meant that £150-199k per annum for a contractor is only in the £650-£850ish per day range, also if that figure is including VAT then it is £500-£700ish range.
            Very true, again.

Please don't forget your current Mod status, you are supposed to default to total moron, its in the code (NAT told me).

In the world we live in, not a fortune for anyone quite good, in the Perm world, really.
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Lots of imbeciles on Twitter saying "They only work two or three hours a day!"

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Lots of imbeciles on Twitter saying "They only work two or three hours a day!"
                Just imbeciles....?

Comment

What's wrong is that other TV companies operating in UK are not required to publish this info - it should be all of them or none

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                    Fiona Bruce drinks in my local pub.

She can definitely afford the next round.
                    Alex Jones drinks in mine, she lives a block and a half away. She might not be popping in for a while now though.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      What's wrong is that other TV companies operating in UK are not required to publish this info - it should be all of them or none
                      Why is it our business what private companies, funded by advertising, pay their talent? Unless you want to disclose your company's salaries...?

I was surprised anyone gets over a million, and that Linekar isn't the top earner, otherwise WGAS.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X