• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC top salaries disclosed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see now Rupert Murdoch's newspapers, who obviously lobbied Tory MP's to get the salaries published, are now whipping up their readers into a frenzy about the injustice of the BBC, obviously what the government needs to do is sell the BBC to Rupert Murdoch as a franchise so he can pocket the licence fee and employ some impartial presenters recruited from the Daily Mail or Express and feed the viewers with "news" and a diet of cheap game shows with candidates prancing around in the nude.

I think this revamped BBC would fit snugly into a pround new Brexit Britain.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I was watching this on the news last night - was not overly impressed.

Ok yes some of them earn big salaries - should they have been leaked to the public - possibly they do only survive because everyone has to have a tv licence even if they own a tv but do not watch the beeb.

Anyway so one of the first scenes was some cocky young man who seemed to think asking childish questions in a rude manner is 'cutting edge investigative journalism' - generally he was trying to get Jeremy Vine to admit he is paid too much money and he would do it for less.

Then it got worse - because obviously the beeb is sexist because the top 9 earners are all male - at no point was there any discussion of what hours each of these people work so at no point could any real analysis and comparison be made.

Then obviously the race card was played - why shouldn't my boy Daquan be paid 150k per year he is a soundcloud rapper innit - this part was really cringeworthy.

So in the end this guy just sounded like a bitter little man because other people were more successful than him and earning more than him.

So the beeb who make the most left wing right on bull tulip snowflake programs which make me wanna put my head through the tv is now a racist, sexist institution which should be bought to it's knees - honestly you could not make this up.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        So the beeb who make the most left wing right on bull tulip snowflake programs which make me wanna put my head through the tv is now a racist, sexist institution which should be bought to it's knees - honestly you could not make this up.
        And this is why I like the Beeb - the far right say it is "the most left wing" and the far left say it is a mouthpiece for UKIP/Tories.

To me that means it is actually fairly balanced. If both sides are convinced (or told by their preferred media) that the Beeb is always wrong, then there's nothing the Beeb can do to fix the skewed opinion.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          And this is why I like the Beeb - the far right say it is "the most left wing" and the far left say it is a mouthpiece for UKIP/Tories.

To me that means it is actually fairly balanced. If both sides are convinced (or told by their preferred media) that the Beeb is always wrong, then there's nothing the Beeb can do to fix the skewed opinion.
          It's neither left or right wing.

Clipped wings would be a better analogy. The breadth and depth of news and analysis is shocking. The basic facts are missing to make a cohesive story.

Which is why I tend to go to a few different news sources.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            Which is why I tend to go to a few different news sources.
            Yes, going to multiple sources helps, unless your multiple sources all say the same thing, and you ignore sources that disagree with you.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
              X