• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pets see everything

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pets see everything

If you plan to kill or injure someone make sure your pet isn't around

linky

A woman has been found guilty of shooting her husband five times in a Michigan murder case apparently witnessed by a parrot.

Glenna Duram shot her husband, Martin, in front of the couple's pet in 2015, before turning the gun on herself in a failed suicide attempt.

The parrot later repeated the words "Don't shoot!" in the victim's voice, according to Mr Duram's ex-wife.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

A foul mouthed bird. Maybe I'll get one, we'd be great company.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      A foul mouthed bird. Maybe I'll get one, we'd be great company.
      They live a long time, show signs of mental illness if not given enough entertainment/company by doing things like plucking out their tail feathers and need larger cages than people realise.

But they do like a dance -

Comment

Pets see everything

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        They live a long time, show signs of mental illness if not given enough entertainment/company ... and need larger cages than people realise.

But they do like a dance.
        I love these vignettes of SueEllen's life, even if she does use the third person.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I love these vignettes of SueEllen's life, even if she does use the third person.
          I know some interesting people with interesting pets.

Though none have spiders or geese.

Comment

Dancing cockatoo complete with Elvis hair style.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

If mrs bp killed me and the cats saw it, they would eat the evidence.

Comment

The snag with parrots is that they tend to bond with one person to the exclusion of all others, or so I've heard.

So if you're not living alone then chances are they will fall in love with your OH, or presumably whoever is around them the most or feeds them, but screech with hatred at anyone else and try and take a chunk out of them each time they venture within pecking range!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

They most certainly do. Happened to me...

A couple of years ago I was browsing in a pet shop and saw a parrot sitting on a little perch but it didn't have any feet or legs. I happened to say "Jeesh, I wonder what happened to this parrot?"

The parrot says, "I was born this way. I'm a defective parrot."

"Holy crap," I replied. "You actually understood and answered me!"

"I got every word," says the parrot. "I happen to be a highly intelligent thoroughly educated bird."

"Oh yeah?" I ask, "Then answer this -- how do you hang onto your perch without any feet?"

"Well," the parrot says, "this is very embarrassing but since you asked, I wrap my penis around this wooden bar like a little hook. You can't see it because of my feathers."

"Wow," I said. "You really can understand and speak English can't you?"

"Actually, I speak both Spanish and English, and I can converse with reasonable competence on almost any topic: politics, religion, sports, physics, philosophy. I'm especially good at ornithology. You really ought to buy me. I'd be a great companion."

The guy looks at the £2000 price tag. "Sorry, but I just can't afford that."

"Pssssssst," says the parrot, "I'm defective, so the truth is, nobody wants me cause I don't have any feet. You can probably get me for £20; just make the owner an offer!"

I offered £20 and walked out with the parrot.

Weeks went by. The parrot was sensational. He had a great sense of humour, he's interesting, he's a great pal, he understands everything, he sympathizes, and he's insightful. I was delighted.

One day I came home from work and the parrot goes, "Psssssssssssst," ! and motioned me over with one wing. "I don't know if I should tell you this or not, but it's about your wife and the postman."

"What are you talking about?" I asked

"When the postman delivered the mail today, your wife greeted him at the door in a sheer black nightie."

"WHAT???" I asked incredulously. "THEN what happened?"

"Well, then the postman came into the house and lifted up her nightie and began petting her all over," reported the parrot.

! "NO!" I exclaimed. "And she let him?"

"Yes. Then he continued taking off the nightie! , got down on his knees and began to kiss her all over...."

I was frantic at this point, "THEN WHAT HAPPENED?"

"Damned if I know. I got a hard-on and fell off my perch!"
                  Last edited by northernladuk; 20 July 2017, 16:04.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    The snag with parrots is that they tend to bond with one person to the exclusion of all others, or so I've heard.

So if you're not living alone then chances are they will fall in love with your OH, or presumably whoever is around them the most or feeds them, but screech with hatred at anyone else and try and take a chunk out of them each time they venture within pecking range!
                    Yup. This is the only reason I didn't get one. A friend has an African grey and it bonded to him and hates his wife and the kids. Proper nips at them when they try clean the cage and the like even though they tried to give it equal attention when it was young. It lies on it's back and lets him rub its tummy and everything. Anything else that moves it'll screech and attack.

Shame, they look terrific fun if you put the time and effort in to keep them entertained.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X