• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh I like them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh I like them

British rugby fans perform the Yorkshire Haka (From The Northern Echo)

The video, which is quickly going viral, shows Yorkshire Lions supporters in Auckland, New Zealand, prior to the third and final test on Saturday, July 8. In a busy shopping street, one supporter announces he would like to “show respect to our native hosts” by performing a haka.
    great fun!

and this made me grin.

"Unfortunately, what you can't see on the video is immediately following us doing the Haka there was a Maori street warden," said Peter.

"He walked across the pavement and straight towards us. He faced all 20 of us and did a haka straight back. It was fantastic to see.

"We did the haka in every bar and the response we got was very positive. They all got it and realised it wasn't at all disrespectful."
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

NZ have clearly calmed down. They used to get very upset with people imitating them.

Comment

Working...
    X