• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Computer Games - Ever completed one

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Computer Games - Ever completed one

Two games stick out for me:

Turrican (Amiga 500)

Goldeneye (Nintendo 64)

Had the chance to master Sega Rally 2 on a Spanish holiday - it was 10cents a game. Mastered the tricky 3rd level, and the final stage was a breeze. The best bit was the student union got the machine in my last year of uni.
    I would rock up, sink a quid, drift the tulip out of the four stages. Put my tag on the high score then casually brush through the small crowd gathered round to watch [emoji41].
    Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 21 July 2017, 21:46.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I'm here to kick ass and chew gum. And I'm all out of gum.
      That is from "They Live" a great film if you have never seen it.

I'm Here To Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum | Know Your Meme
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        That is from "They Live" a great film if you have never seen it.

I'm Here To Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum | Know Your Meme
        Classic. Have seen it. The glasses make his eyes sore. Speaking of sore eyes time to replace the monitor for a pillow.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

In the old arcades, managed to complete Xain'd Sleena to the credits. It took a few months and coins to get there

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xain%27d_Sleena

Comment

Lego star wars on the wii, elder baby son got 98.2%. Baby bp is trying to get to 100%.

Comment

Elite

Okay, technically you never complete it, but I did make it to Elite ranking

And 30 years later, did it again with Elite: Dangerous.

Comment

In my younger days played Bloodwych on the Amstrad with a mate. Being sad teenagers with no friends we spent most Fridays and Saturday evenings playing it.

Eventually my mate got a cartridge thing cant quite remember but it was a crack for the game, so unlimited health, could not die. Even then it took weeks to beat it.

So after all those hours, days, weeks and months when we finally beat it all we got was a well done message. No fireworks, nothing.

Still pisses me off to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Samantha Fox Strip Poker on Commodore 64
                  Mmmmmmmmmmm that excitement of waiting ten minutes for a pair of pixilated boobs to load.

Almost as good as finding a jazz mag in the hedgerow without too many pages stuck together.

Halcyon days of my youth.

(.) (.)

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    In my younger days played Bloodwych on the Amstrad with a mate. Being sad teenagers with no friends we spent most Fridays and Saturday evenings playing it.

Eventually my mate got a cartridge thing cant quite remember but it was a crack for the game, so unlimited health, could not die. Even then it took weeks to beat it.

So after all those hours, days, weeks and months when we finally beat it all we got was a well done message. No fireworks, nothing.

Still pisses me off to this day.
                    Similar game that was my favourite as a spotty teen:

Dungeon Master

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=at...=1500817129888

Comment

I could consistently get over 170,000 on Moon Cresta (Taito variant ROMs, as that's what they had in the Student Union) though IIRC my highest ever score was around 183,000. Took about 45 minutes to an hour to play a single game

And I eventually managed to become good enough at Defender to consistently get to around 200,000, with a personal best over 250,000

Originally posted by centurian View Post
                      Elite

Okay, technically you never complete it, but I did make it to Elite ranking

And 30 years later, did it again with Elite: Dangerous.
                      I also got to Elite on the BBC Micro; I haven't played the new version yet

Comment

Working...
                      X