• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sounds a good idea for any job!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds a good idea for any job!

Imagine spending the best part of 17 hours stuck in a tiny room with somebody you really dislike, with no opportunity to escape, while being required to constantly interact.

airlines have developed a system to stop two people who hate each other getting stuck in there together.

Called “Do Not Pair”, the system works thus: each captain, first and second officer has an electronic list which feeds into the carrier’s scheduling system, to which they can add the names of anyone they do not want to be sat beside for hours on end. The rota then prohibits those two names ending up in the same cockpit.
    The secret system that prevents pilots who hate each other from sharing a cockpit
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

My daughter's school has used something similar to this to draw up their new year form groups as they move away from their current streamed groups.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Imagine spending the best part of 17 hours stuck in a tiny room with somebody you really dislike, with no opportunity to escape, while being required to constantly interact.

airlines have developed a system to stop two people who hate each other getting stuck in there together.

Called “Do Not Pair”, the system works thus: each captain, first and second officer has an electronic list which feeds into the carrier’s scheduling system, to which they can add the names of anyone they do not want to be sat beside for hours on end. The rota then prohibits those two names ending up in the same cockpit.
      The secret system that prevents pilots who hate each other from sharing a cockpit

Comment

Working...
      X