• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting jobs you've had

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I don't get it
    No chairs.

Comment

Chap I used to work with jacked it all in the become a train driver - good money and low stress.

This will be my pre-retirement job in a few years time when I've had enough.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Classic dinosaur that was never going to make it.
        Don't be too hard on yourself.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Chap I used to work with jacked it all in the become a train driver - good money and low stress.

This will be my pre-retirement job in a few years time when I've had enough.
          I think you'll find it's a pretty hard job to get into, a bit like NASA/Fighter Pilots/London Black Cab drivers i.e. only the best.

I wouldn't think it'd be low stress knowing thousands of lives per day depend on you not screwing up or falling asleep, both I've been guilty of on more than one occasion.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
            I think you'll find it's a pretty hard job to get into, a bit like NASA/Fighter Pilots/London Black Cab drivers i.e. only the best.

I wouldn't think it'd be low stress knowing thousands of lives per day depend on you not screwing up or falling asleep, both I've been guilty of on more than one occasion.
            And it becomes pretty high stress if you're the driver and someone throws him / herself under your train.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

After I left school in the 90's i spent a bit of time at Shepperton studios working with my mates dad who was a movie armorer. Made spears and daggers for The Mummy, and guns for Judge Dredd.

Edit: Since they've both had remakes - shows how old i am.

Comment

Castration of piglets!
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

I was an Electrical Engineer for a few years, that was good. During my training I spent several months in the Electrical design office, which was good fun, I was asked to do a review of the small generator designs to see if I could figure ways to make them cheaper. Gr8 fun and I didn't figure out anything useful.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

I used to do component level repair in workshop in my twenties.

We had some really fun times mucking about. Setting traps for each other, lots of workshop memes.

Would probably be boring now.

I used to mostly enjoy being a waiter in a Happy Eater people are so weird!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X