• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England Win The World Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
    Well it was a final, if that's not a sell-out then something seriously wrong.

Shame the women's Euro 2017 doesn't seem to be getting as much support, going by the TV pictures showing whole stands closed off. Surely would have been better to reduce the ticket price even further, or give free tickets to locals/school kids to get the stands fuller.

Was going to go over myself but ended up in contract.

Another sport where the women are showing up the men. Semi finalists (and ultimately 3rd place, beating Germany, double whammy lads!) in last world cup, and currently doing well in Euro 2017, beating Scotland 6-0 and Spain 2-0.
    I've watched a few of the women's footy tournaments and 15 years ago the quality was a bit dire, however you can see the money being pumped into the game, professionalism, etc, Citeh, L'pool, Chel$ki, the quality has improved no end, the last ladies world cup was great to watch.

Our girls have a great chance in this tourney, if they can avoid France until the final.

qh
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
      Well it was a final, if that's not a sell-out then something seriously wrong.
      The last WWC final that Lord's hosted had 4500 tickets sold.

The one in India had more attendees because the transport minister bussed in about 80000 people for free so it was busy. Unfortunately, he forgot to schedule any busses AWAY from the stadium after the event so they were all stuck there for hours afterwards.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        The last WWC final that Lord's hosted had 4500 tickets sold.

The one in India had more attendees because the transport minister bussed in about 80000 people for free so it was busy. Unfortunately, he forgot to schedule any busses AWAY from the stadium after the event so they were all stuck there for hours afterwards.
        I am thinking that that was not in the requirements and is needing a change request.

Comment

Working...
        X