• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
    Snipping tool in Windows
    You know nothing of the power of MSPaint. The Snipping tool indeed.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      You know nothing of the power of MSPaint.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
        Snipping tool in Windows
        I use greenshot (Greenshot) excellent little piece of software that makes screengrabs as simple as pressing 'print screen'.

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
          I use greenshot (Greenshot) excellent little piece of software that makes screengrabs as simple as pressing 'print screen'.
          And pressing "Print Screen" is all you need to do, then paste it into the relevant document and crop.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Microsoft signals end of Paint program - BBC News

It's a disgrace. I use this every day! Why must the world keep changing?
            Especially considering your mental angst when you were asked to switch to Paint from your previous favourite format....

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              And pressing "Print Screen" is all you need to do, then paste it into the relevant document and crop.
              True, Greenshot turns that on it's head. 'Print screen' brings up a cursor to select the area of the screen (much like snipping tool), when selected a choice of options is presented for copying to clipboard, opening Paint, Save to file etc....

Note, it's not a replacement for Paint but it's better than Snipping Tool....

Comment

Originally posted by grabri View Post
                True, Greenshot turns that on it's head. 'Print screen' brings up a cursor to select the area of the screen (much like snipping tool), when selected a choice of options is presented for copying to clipboard, opening Paint, Save to file etc....
                I would suspect that the majority of people who are taking a screenshot are doing so to use it somewhere, not just to save it as a .bmp

So, sure you get a bit of software that allows you to crop it and then you insert it into the file where you want to use it and... you have to resize it again. Personally I find most of the screen grabbing software to be an extra (unnecessary) step in a process, but I know a few useless PMs who swear by them.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

You can all relax - they are keeping it on the app store.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I would suspect that the majority of people who are taking a screenshot are doing so to use it somewhere, not just to save it as a .bmp

So, sure you get a bit of software that allows you to crop it and then you insert it into the file where you want to use it and... you have to resize it again. Personally I find most of the screen grabbing software to be an extra (unnecessary) step in a process, but I know a few useless PMs who swear by them.
                    You go your way, I'll go mine.

Comment

Used them all, Paint, Paint Shop Pro, Snipping Tool and SnagIt.

I like the functionality in SnagIt myself, it depends on how much of this sort of thing you have to do.

When dealing with those of limited knowledge screen shots / grabs can be most useful.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X