• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Microsoft signals end of Paint program - BBC News

It's a disgrace. I use this every day! Why must the world keep changing?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

One of the most simple and useful tools for cutting down screen shots etc to create user manuals.

yes I am sure there are better programs but this just worked and was easy to use.

oh well

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Microsoft signals end of Paint program - BBC News

It's a disgrace. I use this every day! Why must the world keep changing?
      Old man...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's only been deprecated; they aren't actually removing it. Or not yet…

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          One of the most simple and useful tools for cutting down screen shots etc to create user manuals.

yes I am sure there are better programs but this just worked and was easy to use.

oh well

Yes, pretty much the only thing I use Paint for, usually when someone asks me to email a screenshot of something that's easier doing that than explaining what's on screen.

Plus it's included in the client's standard laptop build so no need to try to install other 'unauthorised' applications.

I suppose there's still Paint 3D if/when they remove Paint itself, but doubt it's as simple/quick to use, if it even offers the same 2D functionality set.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I liked WordPerfect and DrawPerfect, and went to great effort to learn them thoroughly, until the rug was pulled on them.

Never really got into Photoshop, and would never contemplate paying for the latest "online / cloud" version, as I like full local control of my programs and data.

(I did once manage to find a bootleg copy of Photoshop that to all appearances worked. But the fecking thing was all in Spanish! )
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

"They should just release the source and make it public domain," tweeted games developer Mike Dailly, creator of Lemmings and Grand Theft Auto.
              Now that would be interesting. Plenty of geeks out there that would like to have a play with that I am sure. Could be fun.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Or use:

https://www.getpaint.net/
                And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Still the best use of Paint other than abusing MF

http://jimllpaintit.tumblr.com
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                    Yes, pretty much the only thing I use Paint for, usually when someone asks me to email a screenshot of something that's easier doing that than explaining what's on screen.

Plus it's included in the client's standard laptop build so no need to try to install other 'unauthorised' applications.

I suppose there's still Paint 3D if/when they remove Paint itself, but doubt it's as simple/quick to use, if it even offers the same 2D functionality set.
                    Snipping tool in Windows
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Working...
                    X