• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stressful week and what a morning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There's nothing wrong with OHs not working, and there's nothing wrong with sending kids to private school, but if you then want to complain about having no money, well you have to look at ways of either reducing your spending or increasing your income (or both).
    That's basic economics, but is lost on some who want a solution that doesn't affect their current lifestyle.
    Glad you are getting on board - we call them snowflakes!

Comment

Thank you

Lots of positive and interesting comments! I was hoping for more ding pics and memes but it's cool. Obviously, there were quite a few fictional elements and non-factual statements in the narration of the events. The opening scene about children in the garden and "honey I am fired" had inspiration from Fun with Dick and Jane (1977). And then the rant about Instagram and Snapchat ... seriously? few even fell for that. That part was added on purpose to increase and reinforce the perceived age of the character. How old is @pangeakiller any ideas? Lastly, the part about all random BBC news in my dreams. That one is to capitalise on the economic mood by making it sound more relevant to the story and disguising the whole lot as a dream. Its a classic TV trick adopted by many shows which I tried here.

It was just a story attempt, full stop. No need for any life saving financial advice or motivational comment. I am working on a part 2 which will go into *General*. Good day!

Comment

So just a poor attempt at trolling then really?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pangeakiller View Post
          Lots of positive and interesting comments! I was hoping for more ding pics and memes but it's cool. Obviously, there were quite a few fictional elements and non-factual statements in the narration of the events. The opening scene about children in the garden and "honey I am fired" had inspiration from Fun with Dick and Jane (1977). And then the rant about Instagram and Snapchat ... seriously? few even fell for that. That part was added on purpose to increase and reinforce the perceived age of the character. How old is @pangeakiller any ideas? Lastly, the part about all random BBC news in my dreams. That one is to capitalise on the economic mood by making it sound more relevant to the story and disguising the whole lot as a dream. Its a classic TV trick adopted by many shows which I tried here.

It was just a story attempt, full stop. No need for any life saving financial advice or motivational comment. I am working on a part 2 which will go into *General*. Good day!
          Well, it was a total load of tulip, so don't bother next time.

I advise putting this Piss poor attempt at being an author to bed.

HTH.
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

How old is @pangeakiller any ideas?
            Based on the tone, attitude, lack of skills with the English language and the glee you take from trolling adults, I'd guess 12.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

It's funny because I remembered the Inception movie because of the children.
              About watch a movie with Dolby Atmos sound projected in a small bedroom I just laught.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                Congrats on the new role but one thing - get your finances sorted.

As a contractor you need a war chest of 12+months of living expenses. It can be lucrative but also risky. With kids, you really don't want to be answering to the those who come around to take away your belongs because you owe money.
                Agreed - make a budget. How could you not know you had up and coming school fee increases? Cash flow was the first think I read in the SJD accountancy contractor handbook that causes the majority of contractors to drop out.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I am working on a part 2 which will go into *General*. Good day!
                  LOL!

one day at a time

Comment

I am working on a part 2 which will go into *General*. Good day!
                    Please don't.
                    Polishing a turd near you!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      So just a poor attempt at trolling then really?
                      It's what someone who's obviously not very good at contracting wants you to think. He posted his rant in the prof forums, got called out, moved to general, and is now pretending it was all fictional and he caught us good and proper.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X