• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

McGregor vs Mayweather

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McGregor vs Mayweather

Anyone interested in this? Excited? Got a bet on? Thinking about it?

Mike Tyson just put is 2c in

I hear they both stand to make silly money whatever the result (Mayweather ~ $300M, McGregor ~$150M) so I hope they at least put on a good show and it lasts more than 30 seconds...

Imagine making $1m/second....
    Connor will manage to not get pulverised and win on points
    0.00%
    Connor will get pulverised very quickly
    20.00%
    Connor will get pulverised not so quickly
    70.00%
    Connor will tag team with AndyW and they will boith get pulverised
    10.00%
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

If it's on at the local pub I'll be watching it, but there's no way I'm paying for it.

Anyone who thinks McGregor can win this is crazy IMO. I don't think it will be quite the walkover some are predicting - Mayweather is older and he hasn't scored a knockout win for years. If this was ten years ago I'd have said it would be over in < 3 rounds. If McGregor can play Mayweather's game of avoiding punches then who knows, he may make it to the later rounds but unless he gets a *VERY* lucky punch, he's not going to win.

Yes there's huge sums of money on the line, but does anyone really think he'd put his undefeated record on the line against a non-professional boxer if he thought there was even the slightest chance of him losing?

Comment

As Frankie Boyle said, "I think someone trying to beat possibly history's best defensive boxer purely by being a mad c... is actually beautiful"

Comment

Really, it's a genius move by McGregor. He knows he probably can't win and he'll be paid handsomely either way. IMO he has much less to lose - if Mayweather lost he'd be humiliated and he will always be known as the man who lost his undefeated streak to somebody who wasn't even a professional boxer. If McGregor loses, as expected, people will say "well he didn't have much of a chance anyway" and his reputation as a MMA fighter will be, IMO, intact.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          Really, it's a genius move by McGregor. He knows he probably can't win and he'll be paid handsomely either way. IMO he has much less to lose - if Mayweather lost he'd be humiliated and he will always be known as the man who lost his undefeated streak to somebody who wasn't even a professional boxer. If McGregor loses, as expected, people will say "well he didn't have much of a chance anyway" and his reputation as a MMA fighter will be, IMO, intact.
          Along with $150 mil...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Some of us get to watch an inadequate man have the crap beaten out of him every night. What's the big deal?

Comment

Mayweather on points after giving MacGregor a lesson in defensive boxing.

The entire thing is a ridiculous freak show and not a sporting event.

There will be calls for Mayweather to face MacGregor in an MMA fight, Mayweather will laugh his arse off and refuse because it would be a pointless waste of his time.
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
              X